Amazing Rays

Marie that quilt is simply beautiful. You did a wonderful job of quilting.....your McT is awesome and using the Rays....wow! I sure wish my little pebbles looked that good......;) Mines look like I have been drinking.......:D:D

Did you have a pattern for this or was it something you just did freehand? or stencil? or draw it first? Boy, was that clear as mud?????:D:D

Anyway.......this quilt is a RIBBON WINNER for sure. Thanks for posting and keep posting.........I love it!!!

Renae

Renae, the bird is from my Grandfather's journal/penmenship book printed in 1897. I just had the copy place blow it up. I ordered the rays with the bird in mind so it is an expensive wall hanging. There were 5 entries in this catagory at the quilt show and I didn't get any of the ribbons. You should have seen the 1st & 2nd place. They were awsome!! The 2nd place was done on IQ but color enhanced by painting and glued on sparkles. Thanks for pumping me up!!

Beautiful dove and I like how you did the feathers = they look like olive branches! :)

Marie, you need to enter this in more shows so it can be appreciated by more admirers and... maybe...just maybe a ribbon could dangle from it some day? You won't know if you don't try. Regardless, it's gorgeous. Be super proud of it.

I watched some King Arthur movie today while watching Haylee...there was this great medailion think hanging in the room where the Knights of the Round Table met, like a huge banner....I want it....and the only way to get it is to make it....and the only thing I need is more fabric, these rays and arcs....and the talent of Karen McTavish :o Wow, I don't have any of that stuff...maybe I should just stick to watching movies:D

Coleen,

You can do circles with the CL, but I think 11.5" - 12" is as big as it goes. With these rays, and I may be wrong, and someone will most definently correct me...you can go big, something like 79" with the large Ray, and 35" with the small one. With the Rays, you would lay your quilt top out on a large surface that you can stick a pin in, and draft out your circle and maybe your arcs (I don't know, I left the class before it went that far....Renae was talking numbers).

With the CL you just plop it down on the table and stitch. Just not nearly the size of the Rays.

Archived