Delima solved! I bought a Lenni!

I can get an HQ 16 with a 12' table and micro handles (less than one year old). Delivery and set up is free. It is $8,600 plus tax. Or I can get a new Lenni for $9,900 plus shipping and tax. Which would be the better buy and why? I have only heard good things about both! The biggest thing I see is 4 inches of throat space.

Go for the Lenni and the throat space. The frames are studier on the Lenni, the extra room in the throat space is invaluable when quilting, APQS has the best, best, best support ever!!! I too looked at the HQ 16 - actually looked at everything and in the end just went for broke and went for the Millie (10' table) and am so glad I did. Good luck on your choice............

Meg:cool:

I don't know much about the HQ 16 but I love my Lenni. You will aprreciate the extra throat space. Also, I know APQS has great customer service and support, not to mention this forum. This forum is such a great asset. The people are fabulous, fun, and very helpful. You might want to see if there is a yahoo! group for the HQ 16 and see what people are saying there. I always try to join specific groups for any new machine I am buying to see what everyone is talking about. It is a great resource to see what people love or are having problems with.

I know whatever you decide you will be happy because longarming is so much fun :)

Take time and watch (pounce) on deals for Lenni. Surely someone will be selling a used Lenni in the future that might be the same price as HQ16? Or, APQS might have a reconditioned (used) Lenni that comes with a 1 year warranty.

I say take a little more time and pounce on a Lenni. But that said, you should test drive both; look closely at the construction of machine and table for both; look at all the possibilities.

No contest. Get the Lenni. The throat space, bigger table, APQS support. You will not be sorry with a Lenni. I have a friend who bought the HQ-16 with SR a couple of years ago. It is a nce setup but she is somewhat limited with the pantos that she can do. She relly can't do anything wider than about 9 or 10 inches.

I love my Lenni. Don't forget that you get a beginners class with the dealer of your choice from APQS.

When I bought my Lenni, APQS had a deal with free shipping, expander base, horizontal spool holder and a thread kit. This was a pretty good deal as I needed the expander base anyway. It saved me about $300 in shipping. In other words, watch for the APQS deals!

So, can I write up an order for Lenni?

:P

Just kidding, call your local sales rep, she will be the one training you.

She's the one you can call and email for help.

Wow, you chat girls are amazing sales reps.

4 inches more in throat space is everything.

You want a stitch regulator and the most amount of sewing space on your quilt. You don't want to roll forward and roll back to get a block done.

JoAnn

I don't have either one, but if I was to choose, I would say Lenni. Have you tried the HQ16? I thought it was heavy and difficult to move. The Lenni is much lighter and easier to handle. The bigger throat space is definitely a plus. Good luck with your decision.

I had a HQ16 before getting my Millie CQ. Go with the Lenni! Support is a problem with HQ and you can not do the maintenance yourself--you will need to take it to a tech for repairs, timing, etc. There is no comparison when it comes to support. You can't beat APQS. That's my opinion!

Sherry

I made my decision to purchase a Liberty when I went for my Beginners class. It took me only half of the first day, to start looking at the Milli because of the xtra throat space!!! Glad I brought my check book instead of cash... cause the extra $$ was well worth the Larger work area.

GO FOR THE LENNI. ;)

Jan

• 2 months later...

I think the Lenni is priced just about right, other machines at lesser costs reflect their support and quality.. I had the HQ FRAME, before they even made a machine, and it was so weak we had to buy new rods..

Love the Lenni, though she has PMS now and then.. usually caused by himself trying things, though not always.. she's been good last 4 days.. ROFL.. i was in hospt. so who knew.. she's still here so must like the oil and care we give her.

RitaR

Originally posted by RitaR

I think the Lenni is priced just about right, other machines at lesser costs reflect their support and quality.. I had the HQ FRAME, before they even made a machine, and it was so weak we had to buy new rods..

Love the Lenni, though she has PMS now and then.. usually caused by himself trying things, though not always.. she's been good last 4 days.. ROFL.. i was in hospt. so who knew.. she's still here so must like the oil and care we give her.

RitaR

So what happened Rita are you doing better. Missed you wondered where you were. thought you had gone off to the Camp early. Jeanne

Sylvia,

Unless you want to continue to get advice about your purchase;), you might want to go in to your very first post on this thread and edit the title to something like, "Dilemma - you helped me decide!" - otherwise it'll keep on coming!:P

Archived