"Crocs"

Joann, I never thought that I'd buy into Crocs but with high arches and hating to wear shoes they really make my feet feel better when I spend hours at the machine! I do however need to wear socks in them, I find them sweaty!:P They really are cushiony/bouncy to wear!

Hi Ladies,

I found an anti-fatique mat at a local hardware store and it has made a huge difference on my feet these last few days. My quilt machine is set up in my newly finished basement with a carpet and pad over a cement floor. I had not thought to try the crocs but the mat is great! It comes on a roll and is fairly inexpensive. I also think it will save on the wear on my carpet since I stand in one area alot...

Question: Will these help my feet stay warmer if I wear socks with them? My sewing room floor is laminate over concrete basement floor and my feet get so cold, even when I stand on rugs. This keeps me from spending too much time in my room. I am sooo regreting not putting the heating system down under the floor :(. Any suggestions for shoes/slippers that might help?

Thanks, Peggy

I live in my Crocs! After hanging up my Combat Boots last year, I had a hard time finding something that wouldn't kill my feet and back. I refuse to wear black, steel toed boots to work and quilt in:mad:. After months of trying on the ugly little things I gave in bought a pair when the Navy Exchange had a sale. They felt wonderful. You should see me at work, dressed in a business suit and Crocs. I've be pondering over getting a fur (faux) lined pair for winter. I also wear socks with mine, I don't like sweating or sticking to them either.:D

I ware my crocs everyday, everywhere. I wear diabetic socks in them year round. I have the closed in one for winter, the lined ones where too warm for my tastes. When in AK at Christmas I saw many people in them. I also use the anti fatque mat because of concrete floor. I love my crocs and I have 5 pairs. I found 2 for 1 sales on odd colors, so I just bought outfits to match the shoes.

Joyce

I am also a Crocs hater....I love the way they feel when I am walking or standing...they are so comfortable...but I don't dare get near any objects...because I get shocked without even touching anything. A little lightning bolt (and that is no joke) pops off the corner bead of my wall, the plastic handles on my refrigerator or microwave, or anything else that can shock a person. I wore mine for about a week, and gave them to Jen. It must be this electric personality that I have ;):P

I'm with Connie...I also get sweaty feet when wearing them in the summer so wear a light sock..and the wool socks in the winter is the only answer....Ugly yepper, but the only thing I also could find that would allow me to stand on my feet for hours, and having a heal spur, doesn't help...

Did see a little kid the other day with some cool gizmos that plug into the holes...will have to go see if I can find some awesome gizmos.

Originally posted by Mary Beth

I have a ban on Oprah at my house

I haven't gone so far as to ban her, but she sure isn't turned on as much as she once was (MAYBE once a month if she is lucky)....Kinda like in the old days, when we all sat and listened to Donahue....he got old after awhile as well...and I don't get the channel with Dr. Phil, but can say he to would be in that same boat...was great to listen to but after awhile, it was getting really old to think that they thought we all wanted to hear about someone elses infidelity, sexual abuse problem or something on that order.....I have enough stress in my own life I don't need to take on the burden of everyone elses. And that is what I seemed to do...they hurt so I hurt, and cried right along side them...and the tissue boxes were getting empty...and no one to pat me on the back to tell me it was okay. :mad:

I wear the wooly Crocs in the winter.....they have a sheepskin lining that is removeable and washable. I wear socks with them as well.....

They are very comfortable!!!!!

I used to wear my Crocs in the summer too but now I wear FitFlops almost exclusively. They ease the heel pain and I can quilt all day in comfort. :D:D:D

I love my crocks, have even wore them to work, which caused quit a stir beings I work in a law firm, they didn't see why my feet should feel good if they looked ugly. I am going to get a neat looking pair like Linda's now for work. I too have a cement floor and mat but still need my crocks. Think they make my brain work better:D

Bonnie I'm with you in regards to Phil and Oprah. Food Network and HGTV and the animal planet have become my companions

I love crocs, I am just embarrassed to wear them in public. I ride a scooter (vespa) and went through motercycle training. Wear ng closed toe shoes is really important. So I wear my crocs but bring other shoes to change into. I figure no on knows me with my helmet on.

I hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but there have been three tragic accidents this summer at the Atlanta airport involving children wearing Crocs on the escalator (which is the only way you can get out of the airport). One lost his foot. Please tell your families to be careful with their children and their Crocs at the malls, etc.

Joann,

Thank you very much. I have a bad lower back, plus I am heading toward 50 very fast..:)...and I can just barely walk in flat shoes...I would break my ankle in those heels and theat is all I find when I go shopping. I don't want to wear my New Balance all the time, but they sure feel good. I watch that dumb show, "What Not To Wear" and I just know Stacy and whosit it going to jump out of the bushes some day and nab me :D

I'm with Karen. I work in the ER and have seen several foot fractures in school aged kids who 'rolled' off of the edge of their Crocs. Also, I have seen several ankle fractures in women who slide off of their flip flops. I think that for adults they are ok to wear around the house, but I don't like that my granddaughters wear them all the time. Even the 20 month old has a pair. These can't be good for their feet.

What a funny thread! I received my first pair of Crocs about four years ago, a gift from my son's MIL. They are the best walking shoes I've EVER worn. In fact, I've worn out four or five pair already, walking 3 miles every morning with my dog Jack (what a face!) I wear them with Thorlos, so clearly I'm not worried about the fashion police! My DH hates them. He nagged me to wear my athletic shoes for walking so I wouldn't damage my feet. My feet are very happy walking in my Crocs, thank you, but I gave in and wore the Adidas one morning and fell flat on my face, tore up my hands and knees. He hasn't mentioned my Crocs since! :D

Archived