"Crocs"

Cheryl - thanks for the tip on Dansko shoes. I just went ot zappos.com and ordered a pair. I have always had flat feet and over-pronate. I have worn othotics for years.

But I went for the crocs because they were so lightweight. Like Mary Beth, I get zapped alot when wearing crocs. I don't think that I drag my feet but how else could I build up so much static electricity?

I aslo noticed that with crocs, I would pronate (roll my feet) so much that the sides of my feet just throbbed. I use the crocs now only as slippers.

I was reading this thread this morning, put my crocks on to go water the garden, dashed out of the house, caught the train and noticed my feet were breezy, looked down and sure enough had my seafoam green gardening crocks on with my work clothes. :P:P Good think the boss is gone for today.

Interesting. Am I the only one who prefers bare feet? I cannot sew with shoes on.

When I go out I wear flip flops.. It must be a Southwest thing.

In the past, however, I did wear the dansko clogs in winter, and the sandals in summer. They are great. I too have high arches.

Well, I love my crocks. I have the original ones and a pair like those pictured above without the strap. They shock the heck out of me when I get out of my pickup. My fanny slides out across the fabric seat and I get a good snap when I close the door. I have a rubber matt under my machine though so I don't experience static when quilting thank goodness. I can stand for a lot longer time wearing them also. I once had a project that had to be done quickly. I stood 7 hours that day with small breaks plus a short lunch. My legs and feet ached a little when I was done, but I was ready and raring to go the next morning with no pain, not even in my back. I must stay I do have to be careful on carpeted areas when I don't pick up my feet but drag them. My husband has a pair too. It's a nice change from his farmer boots. He's always telling me to pick up my feet. He's such a perfect guy, of course he never stumbles. :>)

Just my thoughts. Thanks.

For Crocs try the style called Mary Jane. They are a stream lined version of the others. I also add an insert called super feet that is sold in sport stores. It is the blue one and it fits perfectly inside the crocs. I had that heel pain and it is no more. the insert has arch and great support. It fits perfectly inside the Crocs. I do find that wearing socks is better if you are going to walk farther. I have lots of them in many colors. Ebay is a good source sometimes for good deals. the dork factor is there fr sure but if yur feet dn't hurt I ver look it.

Archived