Pantagraphs for Beginner

Ok I am ready to order about 10 pantagraphs. Any suggestions on the must have patterns? What size or variety should I have on hand as a beginner. Also I want a really good rose pattern and rose block pattern. A suggestion would be really appreciated. So many to choose from.

I would like to get about 5 of the easier ones, 3 that are in the middle and at least two that are more complex maybe with alot of feathering. What do ya think?

Hi "Grammie",

I'd be happy to work with you to pick out some great patterns. Take a look at my Patterns pages, especially the Beginner Pack page. That may be a good place to start and then we can start substituting.

"Rosewood" is a pretty new pattern. And there are lots of new "feathery" patterns too. Look on the "What's New" page link below.

http://www.longarmsupplies.com/Patterns.htm

http://www.longarmsupplies.com/WhatsNew.htm

I teach beginners, so know what type of patterns you should stay away from in order to not become discouraged. :)

Guest Linda S

Darlene is a great help and has some beautiful patterns. I think Jodi Beamish www.willowleafstudio.com has pantos rated by Easy, Intermediate and Advanced. A few of my favorite easy ones are popcorn and wildflower.

Linda

Thank you Myrna and Linda.

I'm pretty selective about the patterns I carry. You won't see every pattern or every designer. Having been known as "the Panto Queen", in my FORMER life! :P, I know that we want patterns that are easy to work with and give great results. I carry very few patterns that have to be shifted between rows. The ones I do have, are worth the effort, in my opinion.

Hi Darlene

You have some great new patterns. When I have time, I'll be sending an order up your way. I love the new feathers and the will-o-the-wisp!

By the by, the new Studio is officially open...Country Quilt Studio in Nevada, IA. www.countryquiltstudio.com. The web site is still in the making. I have my first two new beginning longarm students next week. I only hope I can do half as good a job teaching as you do. :)

Vicki

Barb:

It's like anything else in this business. Practice. practice. practice! I was just awful with the first couple of tries with pantos when I was starting out so gave up for a while. THen when I was more comfortable with my machine and the "feel" of it, I tried it again and was "suddenly" much better!

Sara

Barb,

I was given the hint to rehearse pantos without stitching before actually stitching and that really helped me a great deal. I got the feel much faster. I felt I had more control and standing to the left of the machine with both hands on the left control was a great help as well.

Happy stitching.

Kathy:)

That's wonderful about Vicki. How can I contact her? I left a message with Mike in Houston yesterday hoping to find out who was the closest for now. My husband would also like to take the class with me especially on the maintenance side and machine operation so he can be my troubleshooter sometimes. I am surprised at his interest. He even said last night, " Here let me give it a try" I said SURE and pretended it was normal behavior. lolol

FYI - Vicki is at the Country Quilt Studio in Nevada. The web site is www.countryquiltstudio.com and you can reach me (yes, it's me) from the web site's e-mail address. :)

I'd love to meet you Barb and if I can help in any way, GREAT!!!

Darlene, thanks so much for the kind words. Got the pic of your newest granddaughter. Both are so darling.

Winter has hit central Iowa today. We're expecting snow this afternoon. I'm warm and snug in the Studio....working, working, working!

Vicki

Archived