Some fun news to share!

OK Shana! Now, next time you sit there and worry over how to quilt a quilt, think about this!!!! You are Awesome my dear! We're feeling just as proud of YOU as you are of your successful quiltilng!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))) and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YIPPEE SHANA BUTLA SISTA!

(I confess guys.....I was on the phone with her last night when she was on her way home from the fair!)

My lovely Shana, this is such a deserved TRIPLE win for you! I'm still beaming for you this a.m.! I had to tell Jason why all this commotion was happening in my quilting room.

Once I did, he said tell Shana CONGRATULATIONS!

You are definitly a ribbon winner among us here too, that's 4 sure.

Ok, back to finishing wedding stuff.

LUV YA1

Ahhh gee thanks y'all are too much! :) VBG! :)

Really truly I must honesty tell you that the Victorian quilt - the piecing and color choices that Paula used made it a knockout. It really is breathtaking when you look at it hanging; it has such a fantastic visual impact. And the quilting? Well, I really must admit that it's just a "supporting role" to the real star of the show, which is Paula's impeccable piecing, applique work and her fabric choices. But, with that said, we made a good team on this prioject. I am so happy for Paula. So happy for her. This is her first show she's ever entered. She's such a fun person, so sweet and a dear friend to me, too. I think she's going to enter it in the big Alaska State Fair which is held in Palmer in a couple of weeks, so we shall see if it gets another ribbon? LOL! :P Lots of really stiff competition in that fair, so...we shall see! Quilting is huge in Alaska.

Way to go Shana,

Just got back from three days of quilting retreat with my cousin. We met a couple from Sitka and enjoyed swapping quilting stories. The lady told me how big quilting is in Alaska--you are so right.

I guess all those boring hours you spent in "judging" at MQS was the trick. You must have absorbed some of that "expert" energy!

Congratulations!:cool:

You go gurl! How did you do that Victorian quilt! You should be making DVDs! Your quilting is amazing, Shana. And YOU should get the ribbon for the Victorian quilt because your quilting is what made that quilt special. Congratulations on all your wins! You deserve them.

hugs

Cathey

Archived