I did SID

So, I finally loaded a real quilt! I did SID along the top border and it wasn't terrible!:D Problem was that my SID ruler was too long. I was trying to do a piano key border and the two tabs didn't both hit the ditch. So I had to order the itty bitty (and a few other toys while I was there). But, I have finally started my 1st real quilt on my Millie. Yippee! And I have to say, it was not as bad as I was afraid that it would be. Just a little frogging to do.

Just as Shana talked about, I had major anxiety over starting this quilt. It has been loaded for two days and I just couldn't start on it. But now I'm ready. Just have to wait a few days until my Itty Bitty shows up :(.

Hey, I'm just learning how to use my Millie. You expect me to learn how to post pics too? LOL. I don't even know how to get the pics into my computer, let alone on to this site. Soon I will learn though. I promise to figure it out by weeks end, and I will post the finished project.

I use the Hartley Fence rulers. They have a top edge you can grip.

They come in 2 sizes and I generally use the smaller one the most.

I find the base you have on makes a difference for accuracy on SID.

I recently purchased the metal one from Donita Reeves website.

I believe you can order the rulers from longarmsupplies.com

The quality of my work improved greatly with these 2 things and made me more confident also.

Hope this helps, keep on practicing....

Other than my ruler size, I found that my biggest problem was holding the ruler down so tight against the quilt. This also meant that I was pressing against the base, which prevented the machine from moving. I need to shake the shoulders out and breathe... This is supposed to be fun, right? It's getting there though. I'll just keep on PPP. I am much more encouraged now that I have actually started working on a top.

Archived