Cheater DWR using Quiltsmart

This is my first attempt at a DWR. I used Quiltsmart, figuring I had plenty of time to get it done for the wedding. Had I actually kept with it, it would be done. But, the wedding is tomorrow:P

I have the top done (as you can see if the picture works) and plan to give her the picture with an IOU. I used batiks, to make it "younger," since she's in her mid 20s.

Shana, you're way too nice...but I like it!!:P

I plan to use my husband's professional embroidery machine to stitch their names and wedding date in the middle and then do <gasp> feathers (keeping my fingers crossed all the while) in the other blocks. I figure that since I'm constantly stealing his thread, I might as well use his machine too!;)

(PS--3 Christmas blocks done today!)

Dory, I can't wait to see it finished. I have always wanted to make DWR but have dreaded making it .........maybe now I will try the cheaters way:D with the quiltsmart first. I love your quilt top......I really can't wait to see it finished it sounds wonderful with their names and wedding date on it. Make sure to post the pictures.

Renae

I bought a quiltsmart dwr kit in the USA and it's another pending project so I'm glad to hear it went together well. I have 2 feedsack dwr's to quilt and my sister is getting remarried next year but 30's is possibly not her cup of tea. I look fwd to seeing how you quilt it!

LINZI x

Archived