Christmas block help!!!

RoxieRae

I put off making my blocks at the beginning because work life was so busy, then I had a great vacation in Alaska and I knew I could do them when I got back. Fabrics set, pattern tried, still not for sure, but heck, I still had August.

Well, that was before a surgeon checked the lump I found in my leg, and before the biopsy, which didn't go well, and before the surgeon told me it was cancer. Now I face chemo and life is taking a course away from my quilting. Right now it doesn't offer me a source of relaxation, it makes me think too much.

I feel awful about shirking on this responsibility, especially after all the replies I read in another thread, but I would rather find a solution then ignore this group or have my recipient list wait until I can finish them, and that could be months from now, who knows???

At this time I have received 2 blocks.. which are wonderful and I hate to give up, but here are my thoughts:

Is there someone who still wanted to join, who could take over my list and I could send them my 2 blocks?

Or, I can send the blocks received to those who should get mine. (Problem there is that someone may receive 2 of the same blocks. )

Or, would 10 of you be willing to take on one more (from my list) and I will send off the 2 I have?

I hate doing this, but the unknown of the next few months is a sure thing, and I need to put my big-girl panties on and take care of some things. This block exchange is high on my list of to-dos.

Sure could use some prayers too. Roxie

Roxie, I didn't know how to contact you by email, so I'll post here.

First off, let me say how I wish it wasn't true. But I pray that it was caught early enough that it can be cured. Just take it easy and do exactly what your doctor's tell you to. I know that is hard for us women sometimes, but you are most important right now.

If you really want to finish your blocks and send them on to others I'm sure most of us would not have a problem with you making them as you can and sending them out late. The fact that you have alerted us ahead of time that there is an issue is commendable. I wish everybody would have done that, instead of leaving us wondering about their blocks.

Send me the list of names you were supposed to make for (mine all got erased when the computer crashed) and I will contact all those people and see if they have a problem gettting their block from you a little late. If anybody does then I will make their block, send it on time, and you can owe me one instead of owing them one. I won't get around to piecing together my own quilt for a long time anyway, so if I don't have all my blocks by September 1, no big deal to me.

To everybody else,

I think Roxie is still committed to this project, in whatever way she can do this. If you have a problem getting a late block from her, let me know. This is different from those who just didn't do them and are asking for advice now.

To those of you who didn't finish the blocks for the last exchange, figure out how you plan to resolve the problem of not sending out blocks to those people who expected them from you. If you owed me one, then send it on late. I know life gets in the way, but don't come up with excuse after excuse, just follow through on your commitment.

Teresa,

Being new to this forum, I have not participated in a block exchange in the past. It is possible that I might be able to help out. I love doing blocks. However, I don't know the specifics of the exchange. I have a week off in the middle of this month and am pretty certain that I could get some blocks done. Let me know if this might help.

Peggy

Roxie, I'm so very sorry to hear of the cancer, and will put you on and keep you on the prayer list.. it's nothing we can back out of so chin up, find lots of things to smile and laugh about, get plenty of rest, and look to the future, healed, and up and about at your own speed again. Miracles are still performed..

Quilty hugs and prayers for you, family, medical staff and peace of mind, the last is needed to heal..

Rita R

Roxie: I am praying you will overcome this soon... Please take care of YOU and don't worry about us.

If your quilting distracts you from your problems, then do it for the relaxation. If not, I will help in any way I can...

Theresa: I already have 4 extra blocks of the ones I had made, so If you need me to send them to someone, they are done and ready to go. Just let me know.

Bobbi, that would be great. Roxie, why don' t you send four of your names and addresses to Bobbi?

Peggy, I don't see any reason why you can't take over and make however many blocks ROxie doesn't think she can finish. Why don't you U2U her and set that up. In exchange I'll make sure you get that many blocks sent back to you; might not be the full 12, but at least 6 to make a wall hanging or something.

I love you people, always so gracious and helpful. It's great to have good friends.

Originally posted by chickenscratch

Send me the list of names you were supposed to make for (mine all got erased when the computer crashed) and I will contact all those people and see if they have a problem gettting their block from you a little late.

Teresa,

I still have the addresses for those in my exchange.

Here's the list that you created with the exchange names.

Originally posted by chickenscratch

Here are the lists. I will be emailing everybody the addresses over the weekend:

Teresa makes for Melora, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra

Melora makes for Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D

Janet makes for Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam

Dawn makes for Bev. H, Kimmie, Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne

Bev H. makes for Kimmie, Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy

Kimmie makes for Diane, Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon

Diane makes for Jen W., Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G

Jen W makes for Wilma, Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo

Wilma makes for Judi O, Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa

Judi O makes for Mary Lou, Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy

Mary Lou makes for Karen, Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D

Karen makes for Saundra, Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B

Saundra makes for Beth D, Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V

Beth D makes for Pam, Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie

Pam makes for Susanne, Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy

Susanne makes for Cindy, Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette

Cindy makes for Shannon, Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie

Shannon makes for Barbara G, Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W.

Barbara G makes for Merry Jo, Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W., Shana

Merry Jo makes for Lisa, Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, CArol

Lisa makes for Dorothy, Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen

Dorothy makes for Sandy D, Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi

Sandy D makes for Sheri B, Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette

Sheri B makes for Beverly V, Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita

Beverly V makes for Merenie, Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa

Merenie makes for Nancy, Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Melora

Nancy makes for Yvette, Roxie, Kristie W, Shana, Carol,Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Melora, Janet

Yvette makes for Roxie, Kristi W, Shana, CArol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita,Teresa, Melora, Janet, Dawn

Roxie makes for Kristi W, Shana, Carol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H

Kristi W makes for Shana, Carol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie

Shana makes forCarol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne

Carol makes for Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W

Coleen makes for Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W, Wilma

Bobbi makes for Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Melora, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W, Wilma, Judi O

Marlette makes for Rita, Teresa, Melora, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W, Wilma, Judi O, MaryLou

Rita makes for Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W, Wilma, Judi O, MaryLou, Karen

Every makes and mails 12. You get 12 back. Look closely. The people you mail to are not the same people you receive from.

I also tried to mix it up a bit from the last swap, so you weren't sending and receiving with the same people as the friendship blocks. Sorry if you have some the same. I did the best I could.

Remember to sign and date your block and write your city, state, country.

Blocks should measure 15 1/2" (or just a smidge larger for trimming). That way they will finish at 15".

Prewash your reds (SORRY!).

Have fun.

Dear Roxie,

I am saying prayers for you and a quick recovery. Prayers and Positive thinking! :)

I am on the list to receive one of your blocks. It's OK and I understand if you can't do this right now. I am patient and I can wait. In fact, I will celebrate and I will appreciate your beautiful block even more when I receive it because I will know the trials and tribulations that you endured. So, just know I am on your side and rooting for you and also know that I will treasure my Christmas block exchange quilt even more. :)

(((sending hugs)))

Shana

Shana: thanks so much for doing that!

Roxie: Pick four off my list that aren't on your list and I'll get these off right away...

MY LIST: Bobbi makes for Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Melora, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H, Kimmie, Dianne, Jen W, Wilma, Judi O

YOUR LIST: Roxie makes for Kristi W, Shana, Carol, Coleen, Bobbi, Marlette, Rita, Teresa, Meloar, Janet, Dawn, Bev. H

Just let me know and it's done!!!

You are in our hearts Roxie we all pray for your speedy recovery and continued health!

Roxie, I am on your list. Don't even worry about my block I can make one for myself. It gives me an opportunity to try something different. I also will keep you in my prayers. If putting yours together get to be too much you can send it my way and I will piece it together for you then send it back so you can quilt it.

Melora

Ok all. I got an email from Roxie this a.m.. She is going to send me 5 names from here list. This will complete her blocks. (2 done, 4 by Bonnie, and Shana's will come from Roxie later). She will be sending me the list of who I need to send to. I would like to pose a suggestion. How about if everyone still sends Roxie her blocks so she can put them together while she recooperates. Please, no one needs to send me blocks. I would like to get in on the next exchange though. Let me know if anyone else is short blocks and I can send them an extra too. I love to piece, and have already started cutting out blocks. Again, keep Roxie in your prayers.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.... the tests begin tomorrow and the treatment plan to follow. I feel good about this! It is so good to "belong" to a group of such great people who can be so encouraging.

I almost have the Christmas block plans worked out...will post as soon as I do. Thanks for all your help with this!!! Roxie

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. This has been a week of appointments and tests, hoping for the best on them. I am not feeling as desperate as I was last week.

I have sent a list of names to both Peggy and Bobbi, so my list is taken care of. I am really not comfortable receiving blocks when I am not making them. Is there someone who could use them for a fundraiser or to make a quilt for someone really needing a "warm hug"? I suggested that Peggy take over my whole list and receive the blocks too, but she declined.

Again, thank you for all of your words of encouragement. :) Roxie

Roxie,

I think that you have just discovered how giving this group of quilters are. You deserve that "warm hug" too. I know it is harder to be on the receiving end than the giving but by not allowing your quilt friends here to give you the blocks you are also depriving them of the joy of giving them to you. I also know that this is a hard lesson to learn, at least it was for me. So just relax and enjoy the beautiful blocks and know that we are all here to support you. Your job is to listen to your care givers and heal. The resst of us are praying and sending happy thoughts your way. (((HUG)))

Pamela

Archived