Quilt Studios 99.00 reserv and how it relates to CQers

sewingjunky

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about what APQS is going to do for CQ owners? I see that they have a 99.00 reservation system with a retail value of 15,500. I haven't seen anything about what type of provisions or discounts their current CQ users will be offered. Has anyone made the reservation, and if so did they say what would happen to those of us with CQ?

Maybe they haven't decided yet? Just wondered.;);)

I'm interested in it also, but I'm having a great time with my CQ. It would have been nice if APQS said something about this when I bought my CQ. I'm sure it's going to be a great system. I'm also sure that APQS is going to also back the many CQ owners out here. I hope that we're not left hanging with ours mouses in one hand and a keyboard in the other. zeke...........

From everything I've read here and heard when around APQS users as well as CQ users, they will not leave you CQ users hanging. The whole company is one that stands behind their products and also helps out all of us if we ever have a problem. I really don't think that any of you have anything to worry about. They value their customers too much. ;)

I was just wondering if there was any news yet.

I will just be more patient. Sometimes I think I missed that line in heaven? oops!!!!

I am loving my machine and my CQ. I am doing a carpenters wheel all with different blocks and its little!!!!! Only 3" blocks!

I will post a photo when I get it done, the sewingroom is too hot right now to get much done :(

Looking forward to September Patty Jo

APQS will continue to support it's CQ users. The fact that they're working on their own "brand" really has nothing to do with current CQ owners. If you went to a car lot, you may buy a Ford. If the same car lot got in a Mercedes Benz the next day, that doesn't mean you couldn't drive and love the one you bought the day before.

For right now APQS will be looking after filling NEW sales, which will keep them plenty busy. A "switch over" may be offered to current CQ owners late next year.

As for "not telling" there was a new product on the way? Even the dealers didn't know anything about it until sometime in March. Even then, we were told it could be 6 months or 6 years. Everything is so dependant on other suppliers, software designers, testing & retesting etc. etc. etc., that it's very difficult to put a set date on anything like this.

Those APQS customers who bought CQ at the beginning of the year, and even into March are happily making money with it and learning to appreciate all the great features of CQ. Yes, we feel QuiltStudio is going to offer more features and capabilities, but the price is also more. There are always tradeoffs. ;)

Keep in mind that there are APQS Dealers who own and use CQ. I for one am keeping mine and adding QuiltStudio to my 2nd machine.

CQ isn't going anywhere either, so there will always be support for APQS CompuQuilter customers. We would never leave you with your mouse dangling! :P

Another thing to think about. There are IQs, and CQs and Statlers, all on different and multiple brands of machines. Those owners are all busy quilting away and using the great features of their own systems. Do I think the QuiltStudio is going to be "the best"? You betcha, BUT does your customer care which system you have? Nope! ;) So enjoy what you have and see what the future brings.

Now, if you DON'T own CQ, should you get your name on the reservation list? YES! I made sure I got mine on the list the very first day I could because APQS does NOT put it's Dealers ahead of it's customers. It's first come, first served.

So get on that list! You have nothing to lose. :)

Originally posted by suzakel

Darlene, I get your point, and overall agree with it, but can't help but take offense at the anaology of CQ/ Quilt Studio to Ford/Mercedes. I know you didn't mean anything offensive, but I don't like the analogy.

LOL OOps! That did NOT sound the way I meant it! Does Ford/Chev sound better? Or maybe Mercedes/BMW? I don't think it matters about the comparison, someone won't like it because we all have our own preferences.

Last month I had a Honda Odyssey and loved it and this month I have a Buick Enclave and love it. I have a CQ and love it, and will also love my Quilt Studio. I have 2 sons; I love them both, but one was easier to raise and the other makes me laugh, finally. :P

Did I dig myself out of that hole okay? ;) :cool:

Darlene, email reads cold, that's its biggest drawback. Although your analogy didn't bother me and I didn't read it the way some did, your response was great. Especially the part about kids.....

And besides, I can't afford a Mercedes anyway. :~)

APQS is a wonderful company. You always feel like you are speaking with family when you call. That is something you don't see much of anymore in any business.

Thanks

Carl

www.cottonseedquilting.com

Originally posted by MarieBrewer

Good job Darlene. I drive a 97 Buick skylark. As you can see, some of us are only interested in getting from point A to point B with a car. I do bathe it occasionally.

I used to have a '97 Buick Skylark! Loved that car too, but have to admit it never got a bath, at least not from me!

My DH is a wholesale auto broker, so I get to (make that "have to") drive different vehicles, whether I like it or not. I usually don't. He sold the Odyssey right out from under me and I was NOT happy about that! :o I think the Enclave (I insisted on RED!) is a peace offering. :) At least until someone else wants it, then I get to get used to another vehicle. Did I say I HATE changing cars? I HATE changing cars. :mad: I think red won't be as easy to sell as "taupe". At least that's what I'm hoping. :P

Getting back to CQ! What has everyone been doing lately? I'm about to start a Double Wedding Ring for my cousin. She did some MAJOR frog stitching for me and I owe her BIG time! I'm trying to decide between Kim Brunner's "Nice Melons" feathers and Donna Kleinke's "Carmen's Roses". On the other hand I think I'd like to design something myself for it, but she doesn't want to wait that long! ;) :cool:

It's done in 30's prints on white and she used some kind of foundation on the rings, which are then machine appliqued to the background and the blocks are then pieced together. The end result is that the melons are seamed right down the middle, so I'm thinking the feathers might work best, with the seam sort of being the spine. Anyone have experience with this kind of DWR? The borders are "odd". I don't know how I'm going to find anything computerized to fit into that shape!

Linda! I looked and looked at that picture and finally decided it was computerized but couldn't figure out who the designer was. You're good girl!!

What kind of borders are on your quilt? I may have to freehand this one just to deal with the odd shaped borders. :o

I've just digitized a feather square that may work if I modify it for the curvy square and do a coordinating "football" shaped pattern, plus a modification for the borders. Here's a pic of the square design. Can you see where this might work, with some changes?

post--13461900197617_thumb.jpg

Darlene,

I have a question for you. I posted this to the new CQ forum also, but I need to figure this out. I have hundreds of digitized patterns, including the ones of yours I bought. How do you organize your patterns? I love Buzz Tools for the Embroidery world. When you buy a design, you drag it into your category in Buzz Tools and that's it. When you open Buzz Tools, you can open up one category or every design you own with a click of the mouse AND you get a thumbnail of each design with only the one click. I am frustrated with having to open each individual design in CQ just to see if it is what I want to use. I can't even find half of my designs because I can't remember where I put them. If I sound frustrated, I am. Since I am not getting to quilt much, I would like to use my time getting my designs organized. Once I get moved for the last time, I can start quilting again, if I can find the designs. In Buzz Tools, if you put in the proper pathway for where you want your design to open, it will even open the design in your embroidery software. I don't care so much about that feature, but I want to be able to open a whole category and have all the thumbnails pop up.

How are the rest of you handliing this? Anyone want to design the data base? Put me on the list to buy it if you do.

Nancy

Archived