quilt retreat?

Hi Nora--that was me.

The website is www.ghostrailsinn.com but I guess you read that part. Most who replied said next year would be better for a get-together.

Shall we organize a retreat for late spring next year?

I say spring because it's Montana, you know!

How about anyone interested in a three-day retreat over a weekend in May, email me and we will see who is interested.

lindarech@comcast.net

Wouldn't it be glorious to PIECE for three days? Aaaahhhhhh..........

I will contact Grace and see what kind of deal we can get and what is available. If there is any big show that month, we can always plan for April or June.

Will you be at the MMQG meeting next month? We can talk it over more then.

Hay Linda

I sent you a u2u. What do you think about longarm classes by day and peicing by night. I'm sure I could arrange for Myrna, Karen and myself to offer lecture demos if there was room for a long arm and we travel together all the time so you could put us all in the same room to keep as many rooms open for other as possible. Let me know and I will call Myrna and Karen and set it up for you:P

Linda-

I reccommend you make it for LATE spring!! or even in June. really anytime in the spring is ifffy. When we left for market in May it was snowing here. There are a couple of passes on both sides of Missoula that you really do not want to drive in the snow!!! Sign me up!!!

Sewhappy

I'm with SewHappy about the later spring than May or early June....ITS still snowing in the highlands untill sometimes mid June. Unless you are wanting to go sledding than that's fine, but I've seen to many Montana springs to want to play that early in the mountains. Its been known to snow on the 4th of July...more than I want to remember.

If its a date that works for us here on the east coast I might get to come play....but already planning a trip in July so that might not work 2 times in one year.:P

Dory-

We can have more than a little snow here in the Spring! & as far as being snowed in .....Have you seen "The Shinning"?:P:P

No really I 'm kidding and there really is nothing nicer than sitting in a toasty place with the snow falling! It truly is beautiful! I just don't like driving the passes in the snow or ice!

Sewhappy

Originally posted by DoryJM

Okay, so what's a little snow??

Dory, the snow you get there in Quincy is a cake walk to what you can get in the Rockies.....your horse would even have trouble venturing out.... Waist deep and raising isn't an understatement.

I heard back from Grace at Ghost Rails Inn--the last reservations for retreats are taken before June 10th and then start again in September. They are so busy and booked for the summer they only do the retreats fall-spring. I am thinking the first part of June would be OK and then maybe the first part of September--the passes are iffy any other time. She can accomodate 14 people without bed-sharing and lot more with. The Senior Center across the street is where she sets up sewing stations with more than 12 people--up to 25 actually--she says it is a great facility with lots of room and power for all the goodies we like to bring. Twelve or fewer are set up in her B&B.

As far as classes, she is a longarmer and has one on the premises-for her own use. For longarm classes, the machine would be set up in the senior center so there will be lots of room. If Sue and the rest of the "Gang-of-Three" (you know who you are and we love you dearly!) want to set up something, someone else will need to do the arrangements--I am not able to do all the arrangements, logistics, etc. for the classes. But I think it is a great idea!

I chatted with Sue about maybe a three-day with classes by her, Myrna, and Karen McT (the power trio!) and then maybe two or three days at the end for piecing and relaxing. Anybody want to take on the class arrangements and be the go-to gal? Maybe a rep--Barb? Beth? Linda A?

Email or U2U me and we can move along with this fun get-together!

Archived