Tension

Received my Milli and I just love it. I loaded some fabric to practice on and see how the stitches come out. I am havin trouble with the tension on the heavy cotton. King tut and I tried some signature also. Keep showing up on the bottom. Seems that I think I have it right and I get small pops on bottoms. Now I do have a white fabric loaded because I wanted to be able to see it and I am using white bottom prewound ( which by the way I am not sure I like). I didn't mess withthe bobbin tension yet. Today when I get home from work I am going to try again. Also what is the best speed when using AUTO REG Mode?

Guest Linda S

Grammie - I don't use the prewound bobbins. I know a lot of people love them, but I don't have good luck with them. I think they may fit a bit too loosely in the bobbin case and they tend to keep spinning when you hit a curve and pull extra thread down from the top. Even though I am the queen of lazy, I wind my own bobbins.

Linda

Sounds like you need to tighten up the top tension. I wouldn't mess with the bobbin tension at all. You can turn the top tension quite a bit before you will notice a difference. However, turn quarter turns to start with. Then test and repeat as necessary. This will get you attuned to what it feels like to adjust the tension. Don't be afraid of any threads. Have fun and try them all! I love the pre- wounds and use them half of the time. I love to use varigated on the back so I also wind. (Is that how you spell wind? It looks like wind! LOL!) Good to practice on white to get the hang of your tension. It will help to to see it better. Be sure to retire to cheater cloth and then some real quilts! I know you will, you are fearless! I set my Auto mode right in the middle. 11 stitches per inch, sometimes 10. I know some quilters set it a little higher.

Hope this helps!

Cheryl

Thanks for the help. I have 3 Cheaters and I am ordering a few more. I cannot wait to do my first Wholecloth. I seem to go for a while without any pops through the back and then it pops out. My husband thinks I have some drag with my electric chord as I get to reaching and I also haven't tried changing the needle. The Rainbow threads were kinda shreading up after a few minutes. Lee is still getting My overhead lighting in order and improving on my storage also. I'll get it. I worried about thinking I'm chuggulugging along and after getting something quilting I look on the BACK and find HORROR.

Archived