A Bit Overwhelmed with Circle Lord

gable428

How do you figure out what to make with your templates? Take the Stella for example. There is no book of designs so how do I figure out what kinds of things I can make? Is it just a matter of playing around with different combinations and seeing what I come up with? I'm not always real great with imagination.

Hi Girls - If you go onto the CL website, look under the Stella (or any other template) and click on the Stella webshots. There are many pictures of designs. But, the book is a must. I love it, and use it all the time. To find out if something will fit within a designated area, just measure the line you want to the center hole and double the length. If for example it is 3 inches from center to your line, the motif will be 6 inches across.

When I use the Swirls template or really all of them, I start the first row far enough down that the design fits onto the quilt all the way across. When I get to a spot that is going to hit the leader, I just lift the stylus and put it down again where I can continue the pattern. When I get to the bottom, I do the same thing, pick up the stylus and put move it across to the next spot on the quilt. Easy peasy!

I agree, for that template you should have the book. The Quartet Book has designs for 4 different templates, thus the name :)

I think the Gingko has a book too, if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise the other templates come with a one sheet instruction guide. Normally that is all you need.

Don't fret, and don't try to make it harder then it actually is. You will be so surprised at how easy it is to use if you just remain calm :)

Archived