Pumpkin Cheesecake

ffq-lar

A rich dessert ready for the holidays-----

Prepare a springform pan with a graham cracker crust (instructions on the box) Pre-bake crust @ 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Mix:

1 cup sugar and

2 lbs. cream cheese (4 bricks)

Mix in:

5 eggs slightly beaten

1 can plain pumpkin--15 oz. size

1 cup sour cream

1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Heat oven to 500 degrees. (Yes, that hot!) Pour mixture into prepared crust and baked for 10 minutes.Turn oven temp. down to 300 degrees and continue baking for 1 hour. Do not open oven door. Let cool on counter and then refrigerate. It's better the second day if you can wait that long!

Happy holidays to everyone!

Linda Rech

• 2 years later...

Wow--the original post is three years old!

Just an advisory to all who want to try this--last year mine needed 20 extra minutes in the oven. Maybe my oven temp need checking! The center should still "shake" but should not be really runny. Now that I am reminded, I must make it again this year!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!! Gobble gobble!

Hi Bonnie,

Leave it out if you like. With 5 eggs, I don't think it will seem drier if you leave the sour cream out.

I have made this using crunchy peanut butter in place of the butter to make the graham cracker crust---yummy!

I am serving a free-range turkey for the second year. The flavor difference was amazing. I bought the great-deal turkey (usually a frozen house-brand at a big discount if you buy X number of dollars at the store) and donated it to a local church for their free dinner. Can't pass up a good deal and we all win!

Archived