Star Quilt is Finished!!

I have looked at that quilt so many times, and did not see the Lone Star in it.. was just looking at the overall quilt and how pretty it is.. Fantastic job on it.. and Good luck on the Show.. and ptptptpt to the one who finds a winner in a quilter and goes looking for less quality in quilting. Makes no sense.

RitaR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all are making me big headed :) I really appreciate all of the nice things you are saying about this quilt.

I also want to thank everyone who gave input on how to quilt it. Claudia sat on the floor with me and this quilt during MQS....how many of you wish Claudia would come to your studio and sit in your floor and help you?? I am still pinching myself over that one ;) she sketched out design ideas to put between the stars and in the scalloped borders. Oh and Debbi, just last weekend...I saved those stars for last because I just didn't know what to do...it was Debbi to the rescue!! She sat on the floor with me and this quilt and gave me ideas for the stars.

OMG! That is AMAZING! WOOOOW! :)

Mary, this is awesome. I am so super proud of you. The quilting is so pretty. The quilt was gorgeous before, but now with your special touch of quilting, you made it spectacular. Yaaaaaay!!!!:P

OK I have a question about your feather fans: did you use a stencil or freehand...or if not, how did you do these? :) Are they the bump bump feathers???

Love it love it love it. You go girl. You are going! You are flying now!!! :cool: Float on that cloud for a day, a week, a year. You deserve it.

are you talking about those fan kind-of things in the border?? There was a pattern in the book that this quilt was in for the stitching in the border. I made a stencil from that pattern. It was way, way off. This quilt is beautiful, but the quilt maker is 83 years old and things don't match up. It is so beautiful that I didn't care. I fixed one corner before I loaded the quilt - of which I did not charge - and I should have fixed the other 3 :). Any who....the arcs are all different. Everything is hand pieced so there are a lot of things wrong with the quilt...I choose not to point them out ;)

Oh, and yes, if you are talking about the fan in the border...it is a bump-bump....the only way to fly!!

WOW!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!! You are a winner girl and your quilting is outstanding!! You really made that quilt shine and there should be and winning ribbon on that baby!!! I want be do what you do when I grow up!

That is just FANTASTIC!! BEAUTIFUL! WONDERFUL! You are in demand now girl so be prepared........;)

Renae

It's drop dead gorgous MB! And, by the way, it's NOT ME who she sent it to. I'm starting to wonder if it's the chick from The Quilted Moose in Gretna. She has a computerized system to her Gammil. And I know she gets alot of biz.

Hummm, does make ya wonder tho, doesnit it? Why would she do that?

I'm so with you in saying, "Sorry!" "NO GO!"

You and Deb sure did an awsome job coming up w/quilting motif's on that quilt. My bet its gonna be a ribbon winner 4 sure! Then hang that pic in her face~! (did i say that?...) Shame on me.

Quilted Hugs,

I LOVE this quilt! You did a BEAUTIFUL job! You are such an inspiration... And give yourself some credit MB... not the camera!!! And you know what? I can't wait till you let us know about the day when you turn her down! LOL:P We're all waiting I'm sure!

P.S.I quilted like that in a dream once... then I woke up!!!:P

I'm POSSITIVE she loved it ........if she just about cried. My word I would to if you brought it to me!!!!! You just don't believe us when we are telling you it is AWESOME!!! AND ALL THOSE OTHER ADJECTIVE WORDS TO DESCRIBE that wonderful quilt. I know that quilt is going to be a ribbon winner, mark my word.

You did good girl!!!!:):):) YOU ARE A WINNER MY FRIEND!!;)

Renae

Archived