Frozen Mocha Cheesecake

Stagecl

This is one of my all time favorite summer dessert. It is very rich, but yummy! Best of all you don't have to turn the oven on and heat up the kitchen.

Frozen Mocha Cheesecake

Crust:

1 1/4 cup finely crushed chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (if I can't find the Nabisco Famous Chocolate cookie wafers, I will use Oreo's with the filling)

1/4 C sugar (eliminate if using the Oreo with filling)

1/4 C melted butter

Mix and press on to bottom of a greased 9" springform pan or a 9 x 13 pan. Chill

Filling:

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened

1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, DO NOT use evaporated milk

2/3 C chocolate syrup

2 Tbsp instant coffee

1 tsp hot water

1 C whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks

In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; add sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup. Dissolve the instant coffe in the water and add to the cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan. Cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Garnish with additional cookie crumbs or whipped cream if desired.

Serves 10 to 12

Enjoy...

Cheryl

I have made it with reduced fat cream cheese and fat-free sweetened condensed milk and it doesn't affect the flavor. Next time I am going to try it with fat free cream cheese. I am always looking to find a way to reduce fat calories and not change the taste.

Patty Jo...I love chocolate too...it is my downfall.

Cheryl

I haven't tried cool whip...so give it a try. I think when you are whipping cream you are probably not checking often enough and have passed through the soft, medium and stiff stages of whipping cream. You might try turning down the speed of the mixer once you get some volume in the cream. You can also finish it by hand...just remove the beater from the mixer and whip.

Whipping cream comes in cartons like milk...you can buy a 1/2 pint, 1 pint or quart of cream....sometimes it is just labeled cream or heavy cream. Definitely doesn't come in a can:)

Cheryl

This is my favorite dessert. Anything with the word "mocha" in it is a delicacy in my recipe book. That means I eat a very minimum just to say that I ate some, and that way I control my waistline.

Did you know that two tablespoons of ANY dessert is enough to satisfy the palate, and the calorie count is minimal so that you don't have to count them?:P:D:P That's my trick. I DO love my sugar.;)

Thanks for the recipe Cheryl

Archived