heighth

My bar that holds the quilt back (at the front of the table) is at my belly button. I think it is just a tad too high, I am 5' 11" and am long waisted, and long armed - yes, I look like an Orangutan :) Except I do have long legs too...not those litte short ones like a monkey.....anyway....I think I should lower my table about 1" - 2". However, I know of some who are very short and have their tables set almost chest high....sounds crazy to me...but whatever works. I think it is a personal preference.

Linda, I don't know what the height is with the legs all the way down, someone else will have to come up with that since I don't have my machine yet. I did have a thought about the level that it will be comfortable for you to quilt at. I've ehard here that the belly bar should be right about belly button height. Where does that put it in relation to your cabinet? Is a portion of the table going to have to fit under the cabinet? If so you'll lose that part of the length. You might think about a custom table that stops before it goes under the cabinet since you won't have room there, you'll have to think about resale value for a shorter table should you ever need to sell. I'm thinking way too much fo this early in the morning!

Oh! Good Morning Mary Beth!

Kenna and Mary Beth,

I don't think that's the heighth she's worried about - she's concerned about her Millie head clearing an upper cabinet.

I know I can see the top of my Millie when I'm standing in front of it - I'm 5'3", so that makes it something under 5' tall. I'll go downstairs in a little while and measure it for real.

Linda,

As best I can measure, the topmost part of my Millie (at the very back of the head) measures 57" and my table is raised enough that the backing roller hits my belly button. You'll have to figure out how high your machine is going to need to be for you to quilt comfortably and estimate from there.

You might call APQS if this isn't enough information for your purposes. Good luck with your cabinet!:D

Archived