Baptist Fan

Mary Beth

I started to try it one day and it seemed like a lot of work. Maybe I'm crazy (most would say I am) but this might be one where the topper would come in handy. It seemed like you would need to go to the front of the machine a lot for stops and starts.

I'll have to try again because I really like the BF and your quilt looks sooooo good.

Coleen

Mary Beth - I never thought of putting the BF on a quilt like that. Love it. Talking about the BF with the blade, I really want to do one with double rows in the fan. I think it would be pretty with one regular pass and a double pass and so on. I guess I'll get to that when I retire and can do my own quilts. The large template is so fast I just can't resist it.:)

Hi Mary Beth,

I felt like you did about the BF. But once you see it on an old fashioned quilt it's like they were meant for each other. A while back I used it on a green Hunter's Star quilt and our daughter said it looked like a quilt in a southern country plantation magazine. It is a great pattern in the right place. Happy quilting.

Very nice Mary Beth - the Baptist Fan is such a traditional pattern and look really "right" on this quilt. Sounds like it too, with the special needs that it had!!;)

I have done ONE using the CL Blade. It went very smooth after that first row of getting the hang of it. It was only for a small wall hanging, so I needed to down-size it from the bigger ones I have seen. This was Civil War prints and it looked great! Little tiny 9-patches.

I would like the CL King Size one they used to make... anyone have one they want to sell?

• 2 months later...

Judi Olson,

If you have not found the CL baptist fan Michael used to make, maybe this will help.

There is a woman close to me who still had one this afternoon. Her e-mail is: www.long-arm-lyrics@comcast.net.

If this doesn't work for you, contact me: mddeck@roadrunner.com and I will send you her phone number.

Marilyn

Archived