Now I've done it!

Sooo, quilting away, doing pantographs and some small custom work. Then I see a Carpenter's Star and think to myself, "Wow, look at all the possibilities!" So, like a dork, I told the customer, "Sure, I'll quilt it for you!" Now it's draping over my machine laughing at me:P:P...Who do you think you are??? How do you start working on something that is your BIGGEST challenge yet, especially when it's not your quilt?

Cathy

Ya just jump in with both feet...draw out your road map...I even take a picture of it, and blow it up to 8 1/2 x 11 and then play with that...you can put a piece of plastic over it and play till you find something you like...and then you just hit the on switch and jump off the bridge. You can...we will be here to catch ya should you hit a road block or a wall....

Just remember we all did it at one time, and I don't think any of us really got hurt or bruised so...your free to fly. Just watch your wind speed and remember to breath.:P

Cathy,

I have done 2 carpenters stars and just love them! They are much easier than you think they are. The first one I did I made a picture of it and put under plastic and just kept practicing. The last one I did which is a Christmas gift for my son was a breeze and loved doing the whole thing...except the 15 hours of frogging! I did a water stipple and had to take it all out because I lost my design...not good!

Thanks for the reminder to draw the design on plastic. I drew it on the white board, changed it around, finally decided what I wanted, quilted it, and then hated it. Repeat at least once for each section. Poor quilt! Turned out looking okay, but then when I took a picture of it today, I found that I'd messed up the piecing in 2 places! Arrrgghh! Oh well, going to charity.

Beth

Archived