Kudos to the Alexander team!!!

Melody

Just wanted to express our gratitude to Chris and (name removed) for the genuine help and caring that they have shown to me in our journey to get my Millenium and Compuquilter up and running. Chris has been here at my house all weekend setting it up and today he came back to show me the basics on the Compuquilter, and then spent an unexpected 3 hours working on my machine because of the tension issues that were there when we bought the machine... but despite the delay he was able to get it up and running and spend some time with us showing me some things to learn, until he can get back up here to show us the rest. We appreciate all that you did and your ability to even kept smiling through the unexpected issues. Thank you!! And I can at least be comforted in the knowledge that the tension issues were not Me!!:D and hey thats all that matters!! I am truly amazed at what the Compuquilter has in capabilities and totally excited to spend the time figuring them out.. BUT I have to wait until after work to do that :(

Thanks again...

Melody & Chris Green

Hi Melody and Chris

Congratulations on your new Compuquilter, you poor things having to leave it to go out to work though and not being able to bond with it during the day!!!

I've been playing with mine most of the day except when it was quilting and I was hanging out the washing or tonight when I really gave it all my trust and went out for a walk with my husband and let it finish a row! It didn't let me down.

I decided its never let me down while I was in the room with it so why should it when I go out. I came back to a completed row.

Have lots of fun

Sue in Australia

It is our representatives like (name removed) and her husband Chris that makes me feel proud and lucky to belong to the APQS family! I have not had the opportunity to meet Chris yet. Being married to Linda says a lot! He must be a great guy. I know that Linda is not only very intelligent but also passionate about our wonderful machines!

How nice of you to take the time to acknowledge Chris and Linda. It is great to hear about your positive experiences.

Cheryl

Dear Sue,

One morning my compuquilter was stitching along just fine and I was rushing to get the 11 yr old out the door and on the school bus. I must not have tightened the screw on the Y axis correctly when I had been freemotion quilting. I had run in twice and it was going great, until about 2/3 of the way through the quilt the Y-axis cable came loose and the machine continued running but only on the X axis. When I came back the row had "finished" , and I had a GIGANTIC row of stitches in a horizontal line as the machine wasn't moving back to front. Unfortunately for me it was a first quilt for this new customer and the fabric wasn't high quality. I had to get out the seam ripper and pick out 14" of stitching on top of stitching (that took 4 hours) and it looked like a giant "run" in a pair of pantyhose. I was SOOOOOOOOOO upset and unfortunately there was nothing I could do to really correct the flaw I had created. I did use a "fray block" type glue that my applique friends swear by to prevent further runs.

Must have been my bad kharma that week, but now I make sure if I disengage the machine from the cables that they are on correctly and tightly before resuming use with the computer!

Susie Q

Prescott Valley, AZ

Oh Susie

What bad luck. Thanks for sharing - now we will all remember to make sure we have engaged the locks fully.

I'm going to do some tiny "Care" quilts today that I picked up from my favourite patchwork shop. there are about 10 of them but they are only about 30" square.

I'm going to cut 100" off the fabric bolt and put it on the machine longways, place the batting on top, then I'm going to put 3 tops on the batting and baste across the whole 90 plus inches and down the edges. Then I'll run a panto across the whole lot. Probably I will only have to roll on once.

I love my compuquilter!

best wishes

Sue in Australia

Archived