SewBatik

Hi there....

Lately I've been pondering the idea of whether or not to get into stocking more wide backings for customers. So far I have just a wide muslin and one cream tone-on-tone.

I've just heard about the programme that SewBatik is offering to Longarm quilters and am curious if anyone else has experience with this company and has considered becoming one of their longarm associates.

Looking forward to your input.........Sandra:)

Hi Sandra,

I carry the Sew Batiks.

I found that many of my customers hated the chore of piecing the backing fabric, so they are more than happy to have me take care of this! ;)

The batiks are of the finest quality, my friend Janet Fogg & I put it to the test of quilting at very fast speeds using rainbow threads & it really was amazing, no thread breakage!

You really can't go wrong with it, order some & quilt it up, you will *LOVE* it!

Diane, is just the nicest person & very quick to get you started, I would contact her ASAP!

Hi Sandra,

I really like the fabric a lot! I am interested in the Longarm program. After receiving their contract, now I am not so sure. I understand that as a business that you must protect yourself. Everything in the contract is about them. There is nothing for the Longarmer and does not say what they are providing. It just seemed one sided.

Also, any Longarmer can carry it. Here again, I understand that it is business. They need to make a profit. It seems that the program benefits SewBatik more than it does the Longarmer. After taxes on your percentage, I am not sure that it will be worth my while.

I love to offer my customers unique and high quality products. Like I said, Love SewBatik, Bruce and Diane. They are great people. I'm just not completly sold.

I would love to hear a different prospective on this if anyone has one.

Cheryl

I met the owner at Fort Washington show. I sent all the info to set up a long arm program and I have heard nothing. I have tried to follow up - and nothing. I have a valid business and I am disappointed that it has gone this way!!

Moria

Fyshwyk Machine Quilting

Hello Linda,

When searching Yahoo or other search engines please use "SewBatik" - all one word. You will definitely get great results. Hopefully our listing is at the top of the page. Our website location is www.sewbatik.com.

Thanks so much for your inquiry!! If you have any questions please call us live at 877.235.5025 or send us a "contact us" message on the website - or simply email us at Services@SewBatik.com.

Diane

I usually keep 10 - 15 bolts of extra wide backing fabric to sell to my clients. I prefer to use a backing that has been pre-washed so I wash and dry the backings at no charge.

Unless you're just wanting batiks, why wouldn't you order your own wide backings at wholesale, sell at retail and make all the profit for yourself?

I agree with Cheryl, I love sewbatiks and fatbacks. Both are great choices for backing on any quilts. I use them a lot for my own quilts.

There are a lot of very nice fabrics available in these wide backs. However, I do not stock them for my customers. I do not want to have to prewash then iron them as this is time consuming and resource consuming. I do recommend them both to my customers.

I think the fatbacks or sewbatiks make a lot of sense and make machine quilting easier.

I look forward to hearing more about this topic.

Several of you have asked for additional information regarding our new Longarm Associate Program. Thank you all for your questions and thoughts - this is how we refine the program to fit your needs!

The program consists of two paths.

1st - a traditional wholesale program where you carry inventory in your studio and receive a wholesale-like discounted price.

2nd - is for longarm quilters who do not have the space or ability to carry fabric in their studio. This path allows you to receive a commission on each customer purchase of SewBatik fabric. You don't have to worry about whether to wash the batik or not - washing is your customers choice.

3rd option - we do not restrict you to just one path. You can carry inventory for fabrics of your choice "AND" receive commissions through the 2nd path for other fabrics that you do not inventory when you and your customer place individual orders.

I do hope this helps outline a bit more about the Longarm Associate Program. Don't hesitate to ask more questions!! This is how we hear about what "you" want to build a better program!

Diane

(877.235.5025 - Services@SewBatik.com)

• 2 months later...

I forgot to tell you all that I did end up signing on to the Sew Batik Longarm Program. They modified the application process. It was flawlessly easy. I have many customers already buying backing fabric from me who are so excited to buy Sew Batik! All ready to place some orders. This will be a nice addition to my services.

Cheryl

Archived