Ideas Needed for a Promotion for LQS

Ok Brilliant Minds on the APQS chat! I need some help with a promotion. We just opened our brick and mortar quilt shop last weekend and I need to order bags for customers to take home their goodies.

This is my idea/dilemma - as quilters, we (sometimes:o) hide our fabric/quilt shop purchases from our spouses - so what kind of bags can I order that will be cute or funny but will keep spouses out of the bags? (I am hoping the bags will be like a quilters code or inside joke type of promotion)

So far I have thought about putting Ye Olde Forest Golf Shoppe on the bags - but this would be an open invitation to DH.

Another suggestion, put some kind of cleaning supply or logo on the bag - most DH wouldn't go near such a bag - right? (Ok, my DH opens every bag that sits on the counter for longer than a day)

So any ideas on pictures, sayings or logos for bags?

I know this is a strange request but I am always amazed at the great ideas that comes from this group.

I really like this idea....and my first thought was to put a WalMart or Target logo on the side...but those would just get you in trouble...copyrights and all.

Will put some serious thought to this.....

I have a quilt shop close to me that uses the cloth bags from Bag Makers http://www.bagmakersinc.com/recycle.html

....with a certain dollar spent you get one of these bags....they are so nice to store things in. They are the same material the recycle grocery bags from WalMart or the name brand supermarkets are using....

Maybe a class where the ladies make their own bags will work where they can do the bags in class and bring them back and forth from your store.....and each one can decorate it in his or her own flavor....

All I can come up with is a design with a flower and some curliques coming off it. Very girlie.

Colored bags cost more. So maybe the flower design could be a stamp or a sticker that gets slapped on a brown shopping bag with a piece of raffia tied on one of the handles with a card containing the name, address, phone number and web-site of the shop.

I get plain brown bags from Portland Store Fixtures. There's a fabric store here in town, Ruthie's Rags" that uses the same idea as Linda suggested. My bags were $23 for 50 bags, not including shipping. I get the largest size, 18x18x7". My customers also often return the bags to me to send their niext quilt home in, so I love to recycle them. The websitse is www.portlandstorefixtures.com.

Good luck to you, and let us know what you decide on. I can't wait to see!

Ohh. What about a plain brown bag, and then order stickers from Vista print that talk about the cleaning supplies, or dirty laundry or something to keep the DHs out of the bags?

Beth

OK, I have a friend that when she wanted to keep her kids out of special food items in the freezer (like cookies, or desserts) she would mark the package "Liver" She never had any of it stolen by the other members of the household. So maybe that would work for you too. :P:D:P

Seriously, I like the plain brown bag thing, too. But a good quality brown bag:cool:

A plain brown bag with some sort of made-up Grocery Store logo - the guys NEVER get into those, 'cause then they'd have to put the groceries away!:P And it would fit with the whole "brown bag" idea....

And don't we need our quilting to keep "mind & body" together? Could be a cute tag line on the bag....

Or Spa Products??? Guys won't get into that, either - How about "Bed, Stash and Beyond"??:P

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Maybe a bag that has feminine hygiene products like "Kotex" or "Stayfree Minipads" on the outside. Guys tend to not wanna peek in those sorts of things. ;) (just kidding)

PS: LOL! I just noticed that Heidi already thought of this idea. Heidi...girl, I think we may be twins? Scary, eh? :o:P

Shana,

I'd love to be your twin! LOL that is pretty funny!

Archived