Justifiable Homicide??

I need a vote from the group - what constitutes "justifiable homicide"? To set the stage:

I'm down in my studio, doing some SIDing on a quilt that I'm going to be showing off to several quilt stores and guilds in the next week, before it is sent to a mission auction. Trying to do my very best work....

DH is down in my studio, sweetie that he is:), taking photos of a couple of QOVs that I have to ship off tomorrow - walks behind me and DOUBLE PATS ME ON THE BUTT!! He should know better (he DOES know better!) than to even talk to me while I'm quilting, much less SID on a show quilt!

So, ladies and gents, what's the appropriate punishment for this transgressor? I probably won't go with the homicide, 'cause then I'd have to take my own pictures and never get another neck rub.....

Yeah, thats a tough one. On one hand we do have our rules and some just have to be followed. But there is that other hand (no pun intended) that we should be glad DH still finds the butt pattable. Your DH must thinks yours is exceptionally pat worthy cause he did it twice. :P;);):P

Hey Barb, I understand you're upset, but I'm sure the goof (quilting bobble, not hubby) is fixable.

But if I were you, I would truly cherish that double pat!

I lost my husband 16 months ago, and would give anything to have him here to aggravate me again!

Better yet, you get even, only with something of equal proportion. Next time he is concentrating on something,

sneak behind him and give him a big DOUBLE PAT, then calmly ask "How was that?"

Pats can be dangerous....life threatening dangerous for DH's...mine use to come into my studio and stand behind me...knowing I didn't hear him come in and then when I would turn around I would just about p** my pants....or burst into tears depending on how high I actually jumped.

I always planned to put a bell on the door...it was also a walk in studio for customers and I never got around to it....

Barb I'm glad that he still wants to pat your hinny....mine does also, but he knows that if he does that when I'm quilting me might just be opening his own cans for a week or so, because I would stop cooking completely, therefore he doesn't do that anymore...:P:P

Oh yes! That man needs a good reprimand,indeed. So, ...I think you need to stop quilting for a few moments (maybe an hour?) and grab that man and bring him immediately up to the bedroom for a few return pats on his bottom (and a smooch). :) And if other stuff happens after that well then... mmmmm no need for green M&Ms!

hehehehehehehe! ;)

Homicide!! A little harsh, you don't want to be quilting from prison. I say, keep the love pats coming while they're still interested, but yes, warn him about that during quilting time - hands off, especially a show quilt for goodness sake! My boyfriend tries to interrupt me during machine applique, I told him that's like me interrupting him during a football game on Monday night football. Now he understands!

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Well................ I think it was the silent treatment one too many times. You mess me up & I mess you up. He hates!!!!! the silent treatment. Worse than words. Actually, now he comes comes in and stands and watches until I can take a break - normally just a few moments. He is patient, I am nice & wow the world is wonderful. WOW:P

Shanna how can anyone forget that one? It started with a simple question, got a little rough, and then by teh second page I guess it got hilarious! If you haven't come across it here it is!

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=4627&page=1#pid38333

If you are a newby there are some serious issues discussed here that you will come across sooner or later!

So many people to respond to!

First Mary, I'm so sorry about your loss. Dad's been gone for 14 years now, and while I think that mom has learned to live without him, I'm positive she's going to miss him for the rest of her life.

Sherry, great responses! I love the one about his mind being in the gutter.

Barb, take it as a compliment that your husband gives you love pats, but he's really going to have to learn that there are times for them, and while you are quilting, even if it's a dog bed, is NOT the time!

Finally, there is a husband/wife couple who come to the shop once in a while, both are quilters. She confided once that she distracts him from specific fabrics in the stash by removing clothing and leaving a trail for him to follow.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Beth

Archived