Justifiable Homicide??

Well, ladies, thank you all for your replies - and is it significant that none of our male counterparts chimed in on this one?

I've considered the punishment options, discussed them comprehensively with my DH - had him read all the replies so he knew just how serious his transgression was!;) Since I really don't want to have to move my Millie to the local hoosegow, I've decided to give him a pass THIS time. However, he now knows that there are serious consequences if it happens even once more, at least while I'm quilting!:P:P I showed him Sewhappy's pattern and told him he risks being basted into a quilt, with a VERY heavy, VERY sharp needle!

Mary - so sorry to hear about your loss, and yes, I do cherish those love pats! We just celebrated our 36th anniversary last week and we're both glad that the pats continue....

Sherry R - both of us laughed out loud at your "ditch/gutter" post!

Hester - I'd do something with the remote, except I'm the remote "controller" in this house, so it wouldn't change anything.

And last but NOT least: Shana - we both loved YOUR advice....;););)

I had a older friend once that told the story of a lady who complained that her husband always sat on the bed after she made it and messed it up. The friend told her to be thankful he was messing up her bed and not someone elses. So my DH can pat my butt all he wants cause that means he's not patting some other gals butt. I just smile when he sits on our freshly made bed and think of this story. One of these days he may catch me smiling. Ooops!

When I first started quilting in house, four years ago, everytime my DH would come into the room, I would jump a mile high. He wasn't trying to sneak up on me, it's just that I was concentrating so hard, and usually had music on, and the hum of the machine had me mesmorized so that I just didn't hear him. MY startle STARTLED HIM!

I installed a driveway monitor and a very loud doorbell so now at least I have a warning. Today I was doing some 1/4 inch pebbling and he came walking in. It surprised me but I didn't startle, and he just stood there until I stopped to say hello. WE'VE COME A LOOOOOOOONNNGGGG WAY, BABY.

We've been married almost 37 years and we still hold hands.

As far as pats on the butt, and quilting in the nude, I WON'T GO THERE, but suffice to say that there's nothing new under the sun.:cool:

I may just do that. I mean how bad can it be - sleeping in the doghouse? I'd have my big old bloodhound to keep me company, and it's pretty dry... We'd have a great big bowl full of water and food at least once a day.

Of course, there's the alternative... Margie might make me frog the mistakes and do the quilting again!

I think some punishments are worth going through. You have to weigh all sides of an action.

Very true here, kreacher, and I'm the quilter..

Pats on the butt to me are fighting material.. when I was a kid, one brother didn't pat, or goose.. he pinched and darned hard.. I'd swing and slug.. that's still with me MANY MANY years later.. and I still swing and slug unless I'm enfolded in his arms first.. then it's ok..

RitaR

Barb....Gene has reminded me many times in our 35 years that I can only kill him once so I had better make it a good one...so far the right moment hasn't come up....but I figure that within the next 30 I'm sure he will screw up well enough to justify the homicide and I won't have to resort to you all bringing me cookies in pen...:P;)

Bonnie,

You may only have one opportunity to kill him -- but you know where he sleeps, and you probably know just how to cause exquisite pain..... just something to think about for those guys considering pushing the envelope....;)

And Bonnie, just think of all the quilt tops you could put together in the pen - although your stash might be somewhat limited!:P

Originally posted by barbm

just think of all the quilt tops you could put together in the pen - although your stash might be somewhat limited!:P

So true, Barb....Might be worth the thought and then I can get some quilts finished....and I don't have worry about a lack of stash. I could quilt for many many years and not really have to buy anything to finish one with, but then would always WANT, not need that special one fabric to finish it with.;)

When I moved to NY from NV 1/4th of the professional moving company truck load was quilting stuff....I have enough fabric that my grandchildren will be fighting over who gets Granma's stash, or they will be thinking how they can sell it and get rich. ;):P That and who gets all the sewing machines.....just hope that if they decide to sell, they sell wisely....some special Antiques there.:P

And Heidi, you are such a spoils sport....maybe if I get in really good with the guard, and promise tons of quilt...they will let me have two ceils.....:cool:

Archived