Sharing "Twirly Girly Feather" pictures

I've been playing around on some rich purple cotton sateen, using Bottom Line ..... thought perhaps you'd like to see what "fun" I'm having playing.

I absolutely love Karen and Kimmy's "Twirly Girly Feathers" and have been drawing til I'm blue in the face....(wink).

Hope you all enjoy..

Linda B.

Oregon

APQS Millennium

post--13461897695528_thumb.jpg

Jerri.

You must hit the reply button (there are 3 buttons right next to each other) immediately under the last post. Don't use the box that is under the posts. This will take you to another page where you can reply. At the bottom of this space is an attachment area where you put the file that you want to attach.

I hope this makes sense.

PS... anyone know what this twirlie girlie feather thing is. I am pretty new to longarming and have not heard of this. Is it a book and where do you get it.

Thank you,

Patty

Barb:

I used Quilters Dream "Poly" for the batting. It really holds its shape and it puffs up when you stipple really close.

On another wholecloth I did earlier this year, I used the QD Poly and then a layer of Hobbs "PolyDown Plus"....that was really puffy. But nothing beats Karen McTavish's recommendation for cutaway trapunto like the 16 oz. Airtex poly batting. I didn't use it for this "faux trapunto"....too much work!!! ha ha!

Give it a try.

Linda B.

Oregon

APQS Millie

Sorry girls........I should have not left you in the lurch like that....

Karen McTavish (our quilting goddess)... here's a link to her website and you can read all about her. By the way, I took a wholecloth/trapunto class from Karen back in 2002, what a fabulous teacher she is, so sharing and encouraging....she's the best!

www.designerquilts.com

Kimmy Brunner, our other quilting goddess, here's a link to her Webshots to see her gorgeous feathers, etc.....

http://community.webshots.com/user/kimmyquilt

Now you have it girls, check out their fabulous work....their work will truly inspire you a lot!!

Linda B.

Oregon

APQS Millennium

However did you trace back over those 'humps' so perfectly??? I recently tried that Karen McTavish method and although it was fine on one of my own quilts, you can sure tell where I've 'retraced'! I still need LOTS of practice before applying it to a customer quilt!

Yours is just beautiful!!!!

Archived