Double Wedding Ring quilt finished!

Darlene Epp

Originally posted by yeoldeforest

Darlene - let me know when you create some pantos or motifs for an Irish Chain quilt! Got my first beginner's quilting class coming up and that is what we are working on!!!

Would love to know if there is a good CQ pattern that exists or will exist soon for an Irish chain.

Hi Joanne,

I've adapted the Springtime block for an Irish Chain; 2 versions. If you see another block you like better, let me know and I'll see what I can do with it. Some will work, some won't.

http://trilliumhousedesigns.danemcoweb.com/shop/category/collections/irish-chain-blocks/ :)

Originally posted by Boni

Sorry about the large format, but I was afraid you couldn't see the detail. This is just a sketch off the top of my head. I was playing with the ribbons in the center and couldn't make it symmetrical. I wanted them to flow into the center from the bows along the edge or the corner. Hope it gives you some inspiration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beautiful Boni! This one will take some time. ;)

I was going to do a DWR for a friend until she decided to have it hand quilted instead--so my inspiration came to a dead stop. It'll be fun to see what you come up with. Maybe someone else out there can come up with an idea, freehand or CQ or whatever. It does have potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Darlene,

I keep following your work like a proud mother hen. You have become absolutely prolific with your designing and digitizing. Your designs, quilting and digitizing are top notch. I’m so very proud of you. :)

Love, Suzanne

Suzanne Moreno, Digitizing Instructor

Digitizing with AutoSketch Book and Lessons

Grants Pass, Oregon

cqdigi@charter.net

Hi Kenna,

I'm not at all familiar with Hawaiian applique. This pattern, and several others, came about one day when I was waiting for some computer "upgrades" to load and it was taking way longer than I expected. I had printed the outline of the DWR block the day before and decided to spend the waiting time by doodling along the diagonal line. Springtime, Tropicana, Budding Ferns and Romance are the result of what would have otherwise been wasted time! A happy seredipity! :)

Now I'm modifiying some of them to fit the Irish Chain Block.

Archived