Here Comes Frankie

Wow Linda, you just keep on keep'n on inspiring me!

I sure hope I see a ribbon on Frankie here soon, cuz it looks like it deserves it! It's just beautiful. I think you did one super job of picking out the fabric, let alone that pattern! Your quilting is exquisit! How many hours do you have in it, and how big is your quilt?

Linda, I am sooo impressed with your freehand feathers! I am a CompuQuilter user and can hardly think of freehanding my designs. Good for you!

Isn't the design process fun? I sure hear you about the "big eraser". I always thinks it's fun to look at the first attempt and compare it to the final. Good thing we do it on paper first, isn't it?

Have you entered many quilt shows before this? I am always interested to see what the judges comment. Good luck to you. Enjoy!!

Oh Robin, I wish that I had known that you had renae's big rays. I think I need to buy her arcs, too.

I finished up the label, sleeve, fold this way, pin paper that way and got those quilts in the mail yesterday.

SheriB - I probably have about 10 hrs in the design and about 20 hrs in the quilting, 5 hrs in the binding, sleve, label process.

Unlike MQS 2008, I gave myself plenty of time for Innovations. That is one lesson I learned very well. The MQS 2009 quilt is almost completely pieced. I think that MQS 2009 will probably be my last show quilt. I had to experience it and learn some things about quilting (and time management) from the judges. So now I can move on.

• 1 month later...

It's funny how Judi Burr just brought this back up from the archives. I was just looking at the Teacher Comments I got on Frankie in the Creative Challenge category and Asian Flower Garden in Traditional - Large category.

This was my first time putting quilts in Innovations. I knew that the show was peer-judged but I didn't know that I would get comments back.

I think this is such a great way to find out your strengths and weaknesses so you can target areas of improvement. I would like to thank Grace Anderson, Pam Clark, Shannon Hicks and unnamed (no signature) for taknig the time to look at my quilts and give me some expert advice.

I thought that I would share the criteria on which I was judged. It is quite lengthy so I will be putting it over on my blog today. Take a look when you get a chance and please consider putting a quilt into a show soon. It truly is a rewarding experience.

Archived