NQR-Say A Little Prayer, please

There is something I haven't told you my friends. But you remember I told you my DH had no job las year or part of the yr. before and then he had his 4 heart attachs and the Pacemaker put in. Well, we didn't have insurance on him and we got in debt really bad. He got this good job at the hospital in Jan. of this yr. but it didn't help us by then. Anyhow, I didn't know how bad things were because he never tells me anything and always told me things were okay and he would handle this or that and I wasn't to worry about it.

Well, the last week in July on a Mon. he told me we had to claim bankruptcy and had an appointment w/an attorney on Wed. I know my mouth dropped open and I couldn't say a word. He said we had to act fast because our house was to be auctioned off on Aug. 1st.........9 days away. I was a wreck!!!!! It was a stay on the house for the time being but we lost it and we now have to find a place to live. I don't know where but we have till Nov. 1st.

I'm trying to stay happy and keep a good outlook on things but I still wish I knew what was going to happen. The banker is trying to help us get another house........because he knows we can afford one. But when you have been without a job for over a yr. and the hosp. expenses we had w/no hosp. insurance that sucks. But it also taught him a lesson. So the banker is working with us and I hope things work out but right now I don't know where we are going to end up.........here there isn't much choice to rent and able to get my longarm into. That is a big problem too.

I maybe shouldn't have told you all of this but I am scared and very upset.........and I guess you could say I need my friends right now. I've done my share of crying believe me but that hasn't done any good either. So maybe just say a little prayer for us? Maybe that will help.......I hope.

Renae

Oh Renae,, I'm so sorry you are having to go thru this and l will send Ex. Large prayers up for you and your hubby, family. It's easy to get into a financial pit without trying.. and even by following pro bank workers advice.. then be told, "she/he had no right to tell you that, and it's not true".

Crying relieves stress and is good for you.. smiling, touching, hugs, kisses, etc.. all help...

Let go and let the Lord take care of your worries.. yesterday is gone and cant be changed, tomorrow isn't here, so no reason to worry about tomorrow, and today we just do our best to live thru as best we can.

Prayers for sure.. God Bless.

RitaR

Oh Gosh, Renae, I am so saddened to learn this news!

You, Renae, the person that is so sweet thoughtful,,,, you always have a kind and heartfelt message on this chat. You little dear friend do not deserve to go through this. I am so sorry.

Well, I will surely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I think about my pretty Nebraska friend often. :)

One thing I have learned in life is when we need help (any kind of help, no matter what sort of trouble it is) there are people (and agencies) out there who want to help you, and are there to help people like you and your DH. The problem is, often the cry for help is not soon enough.

I am very positive, Renae, that your banker will help you find a solution that will work. Keep positive thourghts.

But please consider this: Another thing you should do is network with your local non-profit agencies to see what they can do to help make ends meet. Those non profits are designed (and have funding) to help good people like you and your DH. You should always ask for help when the floor starts to get a little too hot. Always ask for help and someone, or some place will be there to lend a hand.

So, please make some contacts to the non profit support agencies in your area. You might be pleasantly surprised to find a solution to your housing problem. There might be homes designed for people in situations such as yourselves. It's just to get you through the hump so you're back on step again.

Ask... you might be surprised to find an answer you had no idea was out there. :)

Think positive. Things will work out. They always do. This is just a bump in the road.

((((giving you cyber hugs))))

(((and love you sister)))

Shana

Your many friends here are praying and hoping that the way ahead will ease for you, Renae.

Your DH was trying to shield you in a very loving way from a harsh reality and save you months of anxiety.

If you have a choice, find a place with a double garage and if you cannot set up your treasured machine at least it will have a home until things improve. And if there is no room in the garage or if you get an apartment, slide all the pieces under the dining room table and throw on a long table cloth!

Good wishes and thoughts are headed your way.

Renae,

I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties. You are not alone and many others are in your shoes. I wish I had some great words of advice or wisdom to help you.

Starting in 2003, I was laid off 3 times in the next two years and it scared the pants off of me. I was never in any danger of losing my house but if I had, it is just a house and can be replace. Home is where your heart is.

I pray that this is the start of things turning around for you and that much better and happier days are coming your way.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I know right where you are Renae. May you keep just putting one foot in front of the other, taking one day at a time and the Lord will see you thru this. As another said, tomorrow is past, yesterday hasn't happened yet and just take it one day at a time. My prayers are with you.

Renae, you brought tears to my eyes as I read of your very difficult times. I will certainly pray for you and your DH. We had a very difficult patch years ago. Pay the hospital or Uncle Sam. We made the right choice and lived a very tight life for a long time. In the end, it has all turned out ok, as I pray it will for you. It sounds like you will have some big changes coming up in your life, but maybe somehow they can become positive changes. Keep the faith and try to look for the best in everything that comes.

You will always have support from your friends here. You were right to share - every one needs some place to go when things get tough. It is amazing how many people also have had difficult times and because of that are such a great support - they understand and only want the best for you and your family. Even though things are tough, be sure to take care of your health. It will help!

((((((hugs))))) from another supporter and friend

Renae.....I will also keep you and your DH in my prayers. Being upset and scared are normal emotions and your friends on this forum are with you 100%. Take each day as it comes with the faith that everything will work out. Cry when you have to but try to be positive and know that you have the support of so many here! Good luck with everything! ((((HUGS))))

Janette

Oh, Renae. I'm so sorry to hear about this. Your world has been shaken. If there is anything I can do from here in Bellevue, please let me know. Herb and I will definitely be praying for you. This could be kind of a wild ride, so keep holding on to the Lord and whatever you do, don't look back. If you were here I'd give you a big hug.

Renae,

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. Shana and everyone else are right. There are people out there who want to help. Please seek help when you need it. Try to be as positive as possible and be grateful for what you have ( It does help to focus on the positive). As Mary Beth said when God closes a door, he always opens a window. He has better plans and better things in store for you.

((((((HUGS)))))) from another quilting friend.

Coleen

Renae,

Wow, I am so so sorry to hear about the difficult times you are having. A super hug to your and your dh. I am glad you reached out to your friends here, because you know we are all behind you. You will definetly be in my prayers!!!!

I think everyone here has said all the important stuff so I don't really know what to add, but the old saying "this too shall pass". It won't be long before things are better. Things will get better!

Again hugs and prayers for you. And if it will help, tomorrow night I will make a wish for you on the first twinkly star I see. :)

You are in my prayers, I have been where you are! But I learned many things that can not be taken away! My faith, My love for friends, relatives and so much more. Yes we did start over and I learned the only way from that point was up. Don't be shy for asking for help, we all need it at times. Keep on smiling and a positive attitude that things well get better!

Dear Renae, These are truly troubled times for you and I will keep you in my prayers. But on the up side, we reap what we sow. You are such a kind, enthusiastic, and positive person here in the forum. I know you will be well rewarded. Sometimes when things like this happen, you have to wonder if it isn't the Lord's way of reining us in. Reminding us of what is important in life. Things are just things, and can be replaced. It is the relationships in life that hold our hearts together. I know you will make it through this and will come out of it with a deeper connection to the Lord. As stated, don't hesitate to ask for help. And, above all, remember that the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle. So, keep your head high and smile through your tears. There is a rainbow at the end of your dark journey. I am sure of it. Take care of yourself and your DH and the Lord will see to the rest.

Note to all: It is humbling to realize that each of us is only one act of God away from this same place. Makes me want to keep my life full of people, not possesions.

Renae,

I'm so sorry to hear of the rough time you're having. I't seems like your DH with his bad health could get some kind of disability? I'm not usually one who goes for that but it sounds like he is truly in poor health.

I'm sorry you lost your home...this is a good lesson for all of us to communicate with our spouses more and ask about what's going on in the family finances if you're not actually handling the finances. I have a hard time with my husband in that department as he buys and sells things so often, I'm suprised he hasn't sold me! Not to make lite of your situation...just to give you a little smile I hope:). I'll say prayers for you.

Take care,

Robin

Archived