New Lenni

maree

I finally got my Lenni last week. After some frustrations with delivery mix ups it is set up in its new home and I am PPP. My stipples are large and my pantos have flat curves but apart from that I am having fun. I am redoing over my pantos and can see an improvement already. I got thread tangled around the fly wheel just after I turned it on. and had to pull the side off to get it out. Then the batting I had was too high and I had to adjust the hopper foot. I was a bit intimidated, but thought I coudn't hurt anything major. It certainly takes some getting used to, moving the machine and not the material. Just have to work out what to call it.

Maree

Maree, didn't you get a flywheel cover with your machine..? I thought it was supposed to be standard in the purchase.. I'd sure give a call, and if it's not included any more.. They are worth buying to prevent troubles.

Try marking patterns or designs on the muslin to sew or follow the outline of, it helps a whole lot.. I draw in a feather spine, then a line on either side to tell me thats all the further out I want the petals to go.. that helped me a lot too.

I know you will have a blast once you get started.. just don't get impatient, remember to breathe, and keep a light hold of the handles..

RitaR

Hi Maree

At last your well travelled machine (and Jenny's) have come home. Sounds like you have already learned quite a bit about your Lenni - I'm looking forward to seeing you next weekend.

The thread cover doesn't come standard with Lenni but is definitely worth having.

Looking forward to seeing your show and tell on Saturday.

Sue in Australia

Hi Maree

Congratulations! It sounds like you are really getting to know how everything works!

I've been using Matilda's Own, Minijumbuk and Hobbs wadding. They are a good thickness for my Lenni.

Have also just discovered Hollyburton - a farm enterprise in Victoria. They are producing some lovely waddings in wool, wool/cotton and wool/polyester.

I don't think a flywheel cover is included with the Lenni (at least I didn't get one).

Thanks for alerting us, I'll be careful around it!

Rita's given some some good advice - especially about keeping a light hold of those handles.

Happy quilting

Regards, Judy

Maree

I am so glad that you finally have your new Lenni and are joining in on all the fun instead of just reading about it. Hope all is going well and you are having a great time getting acquanted. I see you have been a member since May has it taken that long to get your Lenni, or were you a member before you actually decided to order. It must have seemed forever. I know once I made up my mind and ordered I was so anxious and just couldn't think of anything else until She finally arrived. Still can't think of anything else. Gee didnt realize how much she has changed my life. I have been playing with my new Topper this weekend. practicing my crosshatching and getting used to how it works before I actually try it on a real quilt.

Have a great time with your Lenni and jump right in and start playing. Congratulations. Jeanne

Congratulations Maree, I am so happy you got your Lenni :) Yay!

You know I purchased a fly wheel cover and put it on and wondered if served a purpose. Now I know and am glad I have it. I too had to adjust my hopping foot on my first project because my batting was so thick. I was scared but now I know it is so easy, it gave me confidence.

I hope you have lots of fun!

Maree,

I haven't used the Hollyburton yet as I have to use up approx 30metres of various mixtures I've collected over the last 5 years.

So far I've only seen the samples which were comparable with the Matilda's I have (various rolls of wool and wool/poly, wool/cotton mixtures).

Which wool/polyester were you using before the Hollyburton?

Regards, Judy

Maree

Went down to my girlfriend's today to see the rolls of Hollyburton that have arrived.

Both the poly cotton and poly wool were very soft and fluffy. I see what you mean about being thicker! The Matildas is very compact, whereas the Hollyburton is fluffy and seems to have a higher loft.

I might just be contacting you in the future for instructions on raising the hopping foot!

Happy quilting, Judy

• 1 month later...

Hello to all,

I've purchased a roll of the above wadding after receiving a sample..................has anyone had any issues with this wadding - it is 100% cotton. The stabliser backing appears not to be fully fused to the wadding and when I stitched it to my backing fabric, whilst remaining sealed together at the edge, the actual wadding stretched and by the time I got towards the end of the row it had created a folds. This made me have a good look and it seems stretched and not attached to the wadding in some places..............mmm hard to describe. I haven't used a wadding with a stabliser attached to the backing before but was thrilled to find something created locally and so after looking at the samples decided to purchase a roll to share with my quilting group which I doubt I can do now - I've tried warm iron to the wadding thinking it may help to attach it, but it didn't work - wondered if I should be removing the stabliser but then it would really, really stretch big time! Thanks lots in anticipation, I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, it is a lovely clean soft wadding. By the way the service from Hollyburton was GREAT! I have contacted them, but Colita is away at the moment and her husband said he will call me..............anyway was just after some knowledge from anyone who has used it in te past.......thanks lots - Marie E.

Archived