Spring Diamond Lattice Stitch Path

This is a rough sketch of how to stitch out the Lattice Stitch Path almost continuously.

This was my first sketch on paper. that had five holes, I ended up using 4 holes, so I hadn't scribbled on this and could then draw the coloured path for you to see.

I drew the path on the fabric with a Sewline Pencil ( they rub out with a fabric eraser). Marked which were my over lines!!!!

As you stitch you fill in on the way to the next SID line. There may be a single continuos line, after found it yet. Some of theses internal fill I have crossing over so really need to work out a path where they don't.

I can quilt feathers faster than I SID so my Spring Diamond quilt took me 26 hours of stitching plus some Sit and Stare. But my best S&S comes as I lay down to sleep or hop into the shower. Walk away and the design appears!

Lyn

post--13461906611026_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

The quilt I used this on won third place at the recent Australian Machine Quilting Festival. I am bringing this back to the top so that a freind can see the stitching path.

It is also the Spring Block Swap from 2010 so there is a little bit of everyone in it. Shannon( Doodlebug) I think that is your block in my avatar.

Archived