Stitch Regulator Won't Work

HELP!!!! I just loaded a practice piece to try out a new pantograph. When I was messing around to get started, the stitch regulator was working. I hadn't been on the machine for a few weeks and I was all thumbs again. Anyway, after a few false starts I was ready to go. When I hit the stitch regulator button I got nothing. I see that the round part on handle top looks a little loose. I remember something about these coming off. Can someone tell me how to take the top off and what to do after I get it off?

Thanks much.

:(

Hi Diane,

When you hit the button to start the SR, does it "chirp"? You might want to try it from the other side and see if it works as well. This will help us to know if you have a switch problem or not. If all else fails, please call myself or Connie in the morning. :)

Good luck,

Boy...do I feel like a dummy. My husband just came in and I was telling him about my problem. He reached in and messed with the plug and it started working. But like he says...that doesn't mean it will keep working. I may have a faulty plug. Will let you know.

I'm soooo mechanically inclined!!!! NOT!!!!

Good morning....well, I finished my practice project. But I did notice that sometimes I would have to push the SR button a couple times to get it engaged. Just tried it again this morning and had to hit it 3 times. So don't know if it is in the handle or the wiring. I still think the top of the handle looks a little askew to me. Can't figure out how that could happen. Like I said I hadn't been on the machine for several weeks, and it was working fine then. Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

I seem to be answering all my own questions. Ha.

I finished another quilt yesterday, and had no problems at all with the SR button. I guess it just had a hitch in its get-a-long. Hopefully, it will continue to work OK.

JoAnn...you would be proud of me. I remembered to do the pinning thing at the end.

This is soooooo much fun!!!:P:P:P:P

Archived