Computer Quilter

I have also posted this same message on the computer quilter chat Hope someone can help! How long does it take to receive the computer quilter and does someone install and train you?

Hello everyone, my name is Pat and my Millie was delivered the first part of June and I will be attending class July 10th and 11th in Iowa. The name of my new business is Quilted Treasure's By Pat. I already have 4 quilts to complete and I'm now nervous about doing them lacking the self confidence and wanting the quilts to be beautiful and perfect for these customers so that they will pass my name along. My question is: should I go ahead and purchase the computer quilter to insure quality quilts until I build my confidence to free hand. Help Please!

Guest Linda S

Pat - my opinion (and remember, it is ONLY my opinion) is that you should learn to use your machine through practice, patience, and perserverance. Once you have it down, you can decide if you want to spend the big bucks for the compuquilter. While the computer can give you beautiful and consistent designs, it is not a replacement for quilting know-how. I know how nervous you feel. I still get it -- just delivered a custom quilt to a customer yesterday and all the way to her door I kept thinking -- what if she doesn't like it? :o Turns out she loved it, and I feel so relieved. I really think you should wait to see how much you like this business and how comfortable you are doing it before you sink in twice the resources that you put out for just the machine.

Best of luck to you. If any of us can help, please ask away!

Linda

Archived