NQR - How do you make men work faster?

Linda and Bonnie's ideas are great.

I had a "significant other" who was going to hook up my washer and dryer after the contractor finished the bathroom. Well the washer and dryer sat in the diningroom for about 2 weeks. I had to go to the laundramat. I had a cast on my foot. After the first trip to the laundramat I emptied his dirty clothes on the floor in the bedroom on his side of the bed and took my things to the laundramat. The washer and dryer got hooked up.

He is now an "insignificant other". I am much happier now. Sometimes you just have to get tough, but yelling doesn't always do it. Get sneaky!!!!!

Well we did make progress today. He fired me because I couldn't cut the foam insulation straight. Gee maybe that is what is wrong with my quilt blocks too. One wall is framed and wired. Half insulated, he goes back to work tomorrow. Hopefully the hubby will go play on his snow machine and I can cut the foam crooked as it is my room and then I will start putting up sheetrock. I can do it. I just don't like to do it when there are men in the house to do it. The deal was he was to frame, insulate, wire and sheetrock. I told him I would tape and mud as well as paint. As he really stinks at this stuff. So my goal is by next weekend to have that wall sheetrocked, taped, mudded and painted. He can then help me move all my stuff over there and I will leave for a week. He can then frame the other 2 walls before I get back. I'm hopeful anyway.

Maybe if I'm gone, he will get after it. I will go South where it is 75 degrees and do yard work and house work and whatever else comes up, sprinklers, etc. Make my mother go to the Chiropractor and doctors, etc. Fun Fun. But the best part is going to the LQS in St. George. Oh baby, hide the credit card.

Thanks for the advise. I'd be mad at him if he didn't work. When he got laid off, he was back to work in 2 days, not making anywhere near the money he was but he said I'm not taking unemployment and I'm not staying home. So he does work and he calls some of his coworkers lazy butts who need to get a clue.

Just got to motivate him a little more at home.

Archived