Help - machine not responding at all

Hi,

While cleaning the lint from my machine today I got my lint brush caught in the bobbin area. Yes, I was (stupidly) running the oil in the bobbin at the time. The machine blinked off - I got all the bristles out of the area, but now the machine won't even turn on. Have I blown my circuit board? I've unplugged everything, and replugged it all in, but there is absolutely no response when I turn it on. The machine is totally dead. Anyone know what I can do? I've left a message with APQS, but of couse it is Saturday. Things like this never happen at 9 am on a Monday.

Any ideas?

L

Lisa

You more then likely blew a fuse. Under the power cord is a spare. Unplug the head and open up the little door. Remove the dead one and replace it with the spare. Make SURE your bobbin case does not have any leftover brush material around it, wash the area down with WD40, oil and test. Call me if I can help further.

206 412-4720

Lisa,

I'm glad that you are up and running! I did receive your message this morning when I got to work. But of course our wonderful message boards with awesome people come in to action and get the problem resolved! Let us know if you need anything else.

Take care,

Hi Mark and John,

Thank you for taking the time to take a peek at my posting. This board is a tremedous asset! I've been helped here before, and I know that I'm not the only one.

By the way, that little burned out fuse is sitting in my wallet, waiting to go with me to find a replacement - it's a long weekend here in BC, and in our little town nothing is open except the restaurants until tomorrow. You can bet I'll be looking for a fuse tomorrow, bright and early!

All the best,

Lisa

Archived