Has anyone that owns an APQS machine bought the Groz-Becket titanium needles to use with their APQS, just wondering if they are okay to use and how good they work with the APQS machines. I have not had my machine too long and don't know if I should try these needles with my Lenni... Thanks, Rose

Hi, Rose. Welcome to the forum! I haven't tried the GB titanium needles, however I do use the GB 134 MR SAN 11, which is what APQS is shipping with their machines now. I assume the Lenni uses the same needles. Re. the titanium, Amy recommends to not use them because of their extra strength and the way that they could break may cause damage to the machine. I know there are some on the forum that are using them without problems. I've decided I'd rather buy more needles than risk potential repair/expense.

Hey Carmen in the Ozarks,

Thanks for the info... I have bought my Lenni recently (June) didn't even look at what type needle they sent me, I thought they were the ones showing on their site, which are Singers. Well, I think I may just stick with what they offer from APQS, that is probably the best bet... Thanks so much for responding so quickly.

Rose

There is a lot of good info on the APQS site, and one of the sections is Quilt Talk, written by Dawn Cavanaugh. Here's a link to the article that she wrote about the needles.

http://apqs.com/artists_dawnc_blog.php?id=11

When I got my new Millie from APQS in December the needles that were included were the GB. But the Singer and GB needles should be one and the same now.

I only used the titanium ones for 2 quilts - and i had good results.

i was scared off them since reading that they can do more damage to machine if you hit a ruler or similar mishap. i am so afraid that lola-baby will get out of time that i just decided to use the regular kind.

i will say that they worked well for the short time i tried it.

Archived