Raising Millie

I need to raise the back legs of my table about 1/4 inch. Can I just turn those big bolts on the bottom of the legs til I get it where I want? My machine is dragging just slightly. So I got the level out and from side to side the table is level, but from front to back, it needs to come up about 1/4 inch on the back legs to be level. I am not very mechanical and I just need to know if I can raise those back legs while the machine is sitting on the floor, or do I have to lift the table up? Thanks

Romona

Use the big black wrench that came with your machine to loosen the large nut. Lift that leg off the floor and screw the large threaded tube out. Much like a refrigerator. You may need to tap the wrench with a hammer to break the big nut loose. Adjust to level.

If you machine seems to be dragging check the spacing between the leveling bar and the machine. Also check the top roller in the front to assure your quilt top is level and not dragging on the front of the machine (this would be most apparent when using the base extender).

John

Thank you John. I didn't know if I could adjust the legs while it was on the floor. Now I know I have to get some help to lift the table while I fix it. I have checked everything else for the dragging. It is not much, just a little, but slowing me down. I am hoping that lifting the back of the table that little bit will help.

Again thanks for the quick response

Romona

Archived