Longarm Quilting Workshop

Featuring Award Winning Quilter and Instructor Myrna Ficken

Hosted by Jean Rich, Riverside, California

Reservations are being taken now for

Longarm Classes

To be held at

4501 Ramona Drive

Riverside, California :)

Your instructor for these classes will be Myrna Ficken of St. George, Utah. Myrna is a talented quilter with 7-plus years experience in longarm quilting. She has traveled and taught at shows and events both domestically and internationally. This is your opportunity to learn from a very experienced, skilled longarm educator in a casual and enjoyable relaxed atmosphere.

Visit Myrna?s website at www.aquilterschoice.com to see her award winning work. ?If you want it, you can have it. If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. The first step to achieving success is learning to want the right thing, then being able to visualize it. Go ahead and use your imagination.?

Come join the fun

We will have 2 heads and six students per class in the hands on class.

November 15, Wednesday, 9:00-4:00

Machine Quilting Start Up Class:*** (NO CHARGE FOR NEW APQS MACHINE OWNERS that have not had this class)

$200.00 fee for those that may be thinking of starting a long arm business or feel that they may benefit from this class Lots of information for beginners.

If you?re thinking about starting a machine quilting business of your own, or if you?ve just begun to create your business, this may be a very valuable class for you. Spend some time with me and I?ll start with the basics of a longarm business. I?ll share my 7-plus years? experience operating my own business and relate to you some important information about marketing your services and building your customer base. We?ll go through lots of information about order/consultation forms, thread selection and suppliers, betting selection and suppliers, samples and the important role they play in your business. Let me share with you the things I?ve learned through operating my business and you can learn from my experiences.

In the second segment of the class, we?ll move on to the machine. I like to begin with all machine basics and quilt basics, including ?challenging? or ?uniquely pieced? quilts and go through each step in the process of completing a quilting project. I?ve developed many tips and tricks throughout my years in the quilting business and you can benefit from my experience and learn some of those timesaving and/or work-saving techniques from the beginning.

November 16, Thursday,9:00- 4:00

Just Do It: $200.00 (hands on class)

This is a beginner to intermediate level class in which you will learn some fun techniques for fillers, flowers, and all kinds of jazzy, funky, cool freehand designs that can be used on any quilt. We?ll learn some fast and easy edge-to-edge designs and do some thinking ?outside of the box.? We?ll work with designing a border and carrying parts of the design on through the sashings and into the blocks. We?re going to spend some time on stitching in the ditch and some alternatives to ditchwork. Bring quilts for discussion as time allows! This is a busy class, loaded with lots of great information and ideas!

November 17, Thursday, 9:00- 1:00 Combine with creating spaces and take both classes for $200.00

Let?s Get It On With The Hartley Fence $125.00 4 hour class.

This is a beginner/intermediate level class.

**Workbook available for purchase. Please bring your book to class if you already have one. I?ll show you how easy it is to use your Hartley Fence to stitch perfect circles and perfectly straight diagonals for crosshatching your quilts. We?ll go over mounting the device to the table and go through all the basics as we discover design ideas for circles and diagonals and look at some quilts that showcase the beauty of these designs. We?ll move on to the Cookie Cutter Stencils and begin to show you some of the hundreds of designs that can be accomplished with the various shapes of Cookie Cutters available to us. Excellent class for those who own these tools and are ready to ?Get It On? and start making some $$ with these creative tools! Also a great class for those who don?t have a Harley Fence yet but may be contemplating the purchase of a circle-making device. Fun easy to use and tons of ideas!

November 17, Thursday, 2:00- 6:00

Creating Spaces with and without tools. $125.00 Combine with Hartley Fence and take both classes for $200.00

This is a beginner/intermediate level class.

One of my favorite things to do is to transform a quilt by creating new spaces within it. We can add to blocks, borders, sashings, etc. Learn to use your imagination and allow it to take you to spaces of your own creation on the quilt. We?ll see how easy it is to use tools that you may already own and we?ll also learn to use whatever we might have on hand! Then we'll discover what to do in these spaces! You have permission to have FUN in this class!! During the morning we will look at tops and discover how to create the space and where. In the afternoon we will go to the machines and try out designs to go with those new spaces.

November 18, Saturday 9:00 - 4:00

Fabulous Feathers $200.00 (hands on)

Intermediate class but beginners will learn a lot. So step up and take the challenge***

So many feather so little time. Feathers go anywhere, anytime, well almost. Whether yours are long and narrow, short and wide, spiky, curvy, fluffy or flat --- everybody loves feathers! Lets get started with simple feathers then we'll spice them up to sizzling! LET'S GO GIRLS AND GUYS....You will love this class not only for feather but for the ideas to take into other designs. I'll show you different techniques such as faux trapunto, trapunto, wreaths, and swags, freehand and decorative threads to make them sizzle. Get a spot and bring your imagination, pencil and paper along with a full dose of energy and attitude!

Classes must be prepaid. Non refundable after November 1, 2006, Visa/MasterCard.

Please contact me by email myrna@tksinc.us or phone 435-229-2703 (cell) or 435-635-7900 to sign up for class. Please note that I will be out of the country October 15- 26. Please leave a message on my cell phone. I will return your call as soon as I hit the states. I will have my laptop for emails.See you in sunny California.

Archived