Question for Techs - Re: removing thread cutter

Hello,

I've just removed the bobbin thread cutter from my Millie (March 2003 model). I don't use it, and it is just plain in my way at times. Now that I've done this, is there anything else that I need to do? I can't push the wires back into the hole on the side of the machine, so they are taped down against the side of the machine. Is there a better way to deal with those wires?

Also, just for the record, I removed the light several months ago, as I was developing a very bad posture problem from tilting my neck to see around it . The wire wasn't long enough to relocate it behind the needle as some quilters had done.

One more question: Is it just a coincidence that the needle up/down has become very slow since I removed the cutter or is it related? It was a bit slow before, but it seems much slower now. I do know how to adjust it.

Thank you for your help.

Joann

Hi Joann,

Removing the cutter won't do anything to your machine. Taping down the wires is probably the way to go as you have done. You may want to open the sideplate by your bobbin winder to look inside. Make sure that you don't have any threads wrapped inside that may be causing the machine to slow down. If everything is ok, then we can speed up the needle up/down if we have to. If you get to that point, either call us or email me and we can send you a Word Doc. that walks you through making that adjustment.

Take care,

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your response. I will check for errant threads. I have instructions for adjusting the little screw (I think that they came from an APQS rep's website. I needed to adjust it when I first brought this machine down from my Mom's.)

Thanks again,

Joann

Archived