thread tension

Berny

I began working on a new quilt project using my CQ today. The tension on top is beautiful and in places on the bottom it's great BUT in other places it isn't. It's always in the same place. I'm using the dancing leaves pattern with a Signature variegated thread on the top and the Super Bobs on the bottom. I think that the bottom is pulling the top thread but only in places where the light part of the variegated thread is on the top (or at least that is what shows) as the bobbin thread is a close match in color to the backing fabric.

Now I am frog stitching!!!

Any suggestions what I can do when I am ready to begin again.

Berny

I loosened the bottom tension on to towa guide to 20 and tightened the top half a turn after I ripped out the three rows that I had stitched. I did one row and checked it and again the same problem. On the leaves pattern from Lorien quilting it the leaf where the vein goes from right to left. The problem is on the vein, on parts of the leaf and then on the curly part on the bottom. The other leaf is so close to perfect. I have taken the quilt off my machine to frog stitch it again. I am so discouraged as it just isn't working.

My concern is that there will be so many little needle holes on that quilt top and back.

What do I try next that will work?????

Help Please.

Berny

Archived