Refurbishing machine??

This is one for all you APQS gurus out there. What would be involved in sending my Ultimate II in for a complete re-do. It sounds horrible and I can't keep the tension adjusted no matter what I try. I'm finally starting to get some customer quilts and my machine is giving me fits. I'd rather get it fixed now before I actually do get busy. Any ideas how long it would take and what it would cost? Thanks.

Hi Teresa,

APQS Charges $63 an hour labor. We can usually have the machine gone through front to back in a couple of hours. If we have to replace your hook assembly and retime the machine, the hook costs $64.95. We check the thread guides the tension control the motor, open it up to clean and check the belts. We try to get the machine in and out of the factory in 2-3 days. It just depends on what machines are in there ahead of yours. But we know that we want you to have as little downtime as possible. We put the machine on a table and test sew with it to make sure it is running ok before we send it back. And if you use other threads than Superior, we would like you to send a cone or two along so we can use the threads that you use. Just call in and speak to Amy or Amber and they can help you make all the arrangements to get it coming in. :)

Take care,

Teresa......

Box that baby up and send it in....it will be the best thing you can do for your "baby"......Glad to hear your getting some customers now, so of course, you want to have your machine running top notch and they can do that for you for sure.

Linda (born in Dyersburg)

Mark, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I will have to at least order a new hook assembly as I just broke mine. Don't even ask. I was trying to adjust it just a little bit with the end of a flat head screwdriver (like the directions said) and somehow it just broke. It was all scratched and scrapped, though from where needles had broken and such.

We just boxed up the machine. My husband will try to get it shipped tomorrow. I really need it back as soon as possible, so hopefully it won't need much done to it. You can just adjust it to run Superior Highlights thread with prewound cardboard bobbins. Thanks, Teresa

Archived