Help Quilting Seersucker

I have a client who wants me to quilt a baptist fan (Circle Lord) on her hand sewn quilt top. This top is made of 9 patches of old cotton clothing. The sashing and outer border is seersucker. Because seersucker is a stretchy fabric, I have serged the edges and found that that created more waves - not bad but still they are there. It might be a slight struggle to quilt this top from the front of the machine but how would you all recommend that I quilt it from the back. As I mentioned I will be using the Circle Lord baptist fan Giant template. I am going to put in a new 3.5 needle. Batting is Hobbs and backing is high quality cotton. The size is a large double. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks so much.

I had a quilt to do the BF on and used the Circle Lord Boards. I had lots of fabric that was loose. I floated the quilt top and used 505 basting spray to bind the batting and the top. Of course it was a lot of work to pull the top out and over the "top" bar so I could spray the batting as a rolled the quilt. By doing this it gave me on puckers or the quilt top shifting! Good luck!!!

Great idea Dell. I will most certainly try that. What I didn't say in my post (sorry) is that I was worried about the excess fabric and since I was working from the back of the machine, I would not be able to deal with that excess fabric like I could from the front of the machine. Thanks so much.

I quilted form the front of the machine using the electronic stylist. Worked great!!!! If you don't hove that stylist you still can do it from the front, You just will have to go to the back to pick the stylist up when you forward the quilt! Have fun!!!

Archived