Moving Table

I have recently purchased a secondhand Ultimate 1 machine with a 14ft table. Due to space limitations I need to be able to move the machine about a foot when operating from the front.

I purchased some lockable castors from a hardware store - having explained to the guy what I needed, why and the weight of the machine etc! The castors clearly are not suitable or not capable of doing what is required.

Do APQS have castors for their tables?

When I explained to the local APQS dealer what I wanted to do I was told it would be possible and to get castors from the hardware store.

I need to be able to do the laundry occasionally!

Guest Linda S

Vivienne,

If your hardware store doesn't carry castors that are heavy duty enough to support the machine, you might want to consider some of those miracle sliders -- the type that you put under furniture so it can glide across the room. This would not add any height to your machine, but would make it moveable. I guess laundry is important occasionally ;), especially if you need to prewash some fabric!!

Linda

• 1 month later...

I bought the casters under my machine at Home Depot. They are a "bowl" with three casters attached to the "bowl". They will move a much larger load than my machine. I think they were $13 a piece. The sliders mentioned here in the other posts sometimes slide or pop out from under whatever they are moving.

These casters add about an inch to the height of your machine, so you might want to adjust the height of the table with the leveling bolt. You will also want to mark the floor with tape or something, so you can get the machine back into the same place for level running.

Lisa

Archived