Thread caught in pulley wheel

quiltingtina

Okay, I had wobbly curves, discovered a thread caught in one of the pulleys. How do I get it out? If I disconnect CQ, the pulley doesn't move. At this point, I'm ready to just sit under the machine and jog the machine while holding the thread until it comes loose...but I can't help thinking there's got to be an easier way!

Also, how do I prevent threads from getting caught in there?

Thanks!

Can you use the point of a seam ripper to cut some of the threads and then use tweezers or sharp point pliers to pull them out.

I would disconnect the machine and turn off power and try to move the cable to reach the threads to cut them.

No matter how careful you are threads end up where you don't want them. I had one wrapped around my stitch regulator wheel.

If everything is turned off and the machine head is unbolted from the cable blocks you shoud be able to move the cable back and forth with your hand.

It should move smoothly and it won't throw anything off as far as your x y axis for the machine. If you want to call Stan at S & D stitches he should be able to answer any questions.

Archived