Need quilting ideas

This is our first all custom quilt. 

I was planning to do some horizontal squigglies (think like ribbon candy) on the basketball blocks to give some movement.  I'm clueless on the star blocks.  It may be hard to see, but there are three stars at the bottom of the block and one by the pennant.  All I could think to do on those was diagonal lines.  I'm toying with Darlene's star with circle for the sashings. 

I'm not looking for anything intricate and thank you for the help.

Joan

post-3214-0-02319000-1383742398_thumb.jpg

Handle the embroidery like applique. Outline it and then the the stars mark the center. Then stitch out to each of the five points. The flag, fill with a pattern, do vertical lines across the flag or cross hatch. The back ground of the blocks would look good with on point cross hatching or a simple stipple.   You could repeat the star in the corner stones and piano key the sashing. GOOD LUCK!

I can't get the picture to copy so I can draw on it.  I would draw a diagonal line under the word basketball and above the word; thereby dividing the block into pieces. I would echo quilt the stars, outline the word and put a little fill betweeen the letters, echo quilt around the pennant and top star. 

Archived