Anyone had to adjust Mag Collar on their machine?

Have any of you ever had to adjust your mag collar because of a needle up/down problem?

I have just spent days trying to fix mine and the gray plastic collar is not budging at all (even with the set screws totally removed). Have tried everything the service guys at APQS have suggested and they are now out of ideas. Before I send "Betty" back to Iowa, has anyone had a similar problem? If so, I'd love to hear what worked.

thanks,

Sara

Hi Sara:

I've had to do that with my Millie a couple years ago.

However, Connie Hurst (who was head of service - whom I miss a lot) was on the phone coaching me all the way through the adjustment.

I wish I could remember enough to help you out but things are a little fuzzy. :(

I'll rack my brains this evening and see if I can remember more to help you out some, but maybe someone else can jump in and help you too.

Linda, I know, I miss Connie too!!

Myrna, thanks, but already tried that. I've also take both set screws completely out, put a little WD-40 in the holes and my hubby (who is pretty strong) still couldn't get it to budge.

Betty gets shipped back to Iowa tomorrow. Hopefully the boys and girls there will be able to figure it out.

thanks all,

Sara

Archived