Motorized feed problem

Has anyone else had this problem....I have a Liberty and upon trying to use the motorized feed; found the motor working but not the roller. As I checked it out; I found apparently the screws had loosened and fallen out at some point. The rubber coupler is not lining up with the coupler with the take up roller and I am having difficutly getting it back in line before I put new screws in. Seems simple enough. Am trying not to panic. Figured I'd ask 'around' before I call APQS.

Aligning up the couplers is always fun. Try this it seems to work with very little effort.

Remove the piece on the take up roller. Couple the two together with the rubber spacer. Slide the drive motor back on while aligning up the shaft. (You may need to loosen the two bolts that hold the drive mount but if it aligned before it should still fit.)

It seems the set screws can get loose if not tightened securely.

If you need personal help call me at our studio at 816-350-2002.

John

:): John you are awesome. With your assistance and my husband looking at it; we got it fixed. This is the first time anything has gone wrong and I SO went into a panic! I feel silly now that I see how simple it was. It is such a relief to have the APQS support system right there at my fingertips. I love my Liberty and have never been disappointed. Thank you so much for your help and quick reply.

Back to work now!

Archived