APQS in Pleasanton California with Special Guest! Additional Info....

Come see me at my guild show: April 28, 29, the Amador Valley Quilters Quilted Treasures XII

Showcase hours will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday at the Alameda County Fairgrounds, Bernal Avenue, Pleasanton www.amadorvaleyquilters.org

Special guest Christine Maraccini will be signing her newly released book with C&T Publishing; "Machine Quilting Solutions" on Saturday all day.

If you are interested in test driving APQS or purchasing one I will be happy to spend time with you and answer all of your questions! I'll have a great show special!

Plus, there will be lots of vendors and beautiful quilts!

post--13461898022828_thumb.jpg

In 2007 on April 28th and 29th, the Amador Valley Quilters will host their biennial quilt show Quilted Treasures XII.

Our featured quilt artist is internationally known Linda Schmidt. Linda is a member of the faculty at Quilt University and was chosen as the 2003 Teacher of the Year by The Professional Quilter Magazine. She has several pieces in traveling international exhibitions; and now most of her work involves wearable art and landscapes, particularly changing photographs into fabric art.

The quilt show will have 400+ quilts and wearable art items on display; more than 20 vendors; Country store; scheduled demonstrations; and an ?Ask the Quilter? table where your quilt related questions may be answered.

The drawing for the guild opportunity quilt will take place on Sunday, April 29th.

Hours/Location - Showcase hours will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday at the Alameda County Fairgrounds, Bernal Avenue, Pleasanton.

Admission ? good for both days:- $8.00 adult; $6.00 seniors 65 or older. Parking on the Fairgrounds is $8.00.

Advance admission tickets are: Regular $6, Senior $5. Send a check indicating tickets required and enclose a stamped self addressed envelope to P.O. Box 955, Pleasanton, CA 94566. or Contact quiltshow@amadorvalleyquilters.org or call 925-829-5768.

Alternative free parking is also available a short walk from the fairgrounds. The AVQ Quilt show is held in the Young California Building and you may access the fairgrounds through the main entrance on Pleasanton Avenue. Free parking is available on the side streets off Pleasanton Avenue ? W. Angela and Harrison, Augustine, old Bernal and Peters Streets.

Driving directions - Accessible from all areas by car (Less than 1 mile from the interstate).

Coming from San Jose area or Walnut Creek area on I 680 (north or southbound) - exit at Bernal Avenue. Follow the signs for the Fairgrounds (East). Go left at the traffic light on Valley and use the designated Fairground entrance gate on the right.

Coming from San Francisco, the peninsula, or East Bay ? take I580 east to I680, then go south to Bernal, see directions above.

Opportunity Quilt

This year's Opportunity Quilt, appropriately named "Water Music", was designed by quilt artist Linda Schmidt.

The drawing for this exceptional quilt will be held at the AVQ Quilt Show in 2007.

Tickets are $1 each or 6 tickets for $5. For more information about the quilt or to purchase tickets, please contact Virginia Standley.

Information for the vendors

We welcome the following vendors to our show & keep checking back as we update this list.

APQS

Bolt's End Fabrics,Castro Valley

Cheryl Ann LLC

Colfax Cloth & Quilt Company

Ellen Edith

Fremont Sewing Stuff/Sew Many Quilt Books

Heartstring Treasures

Innovation Technology (quilt hangers)

Jelly Jar Quilting & Such

JR Flamingo Fine Fabric - Sacramento

Just for Fun

Laurel Leaf, San Carlos

Pincushion Boutique, Davis

Sew Ewe Quilt, Brentwood

Sew Kwik Quilter, Clovis

Sew Many Quilts, Tracy

Sierra Quiltworks

Sisters 'N Stitches - Fremont

The Quilted Teddy Bear

The Sewing Machine Shop, Walnut Creek

Twice Nice Shop, (Singer Featherweights)

Purchase tickets in advance and get a discount. Contact quiltshow@amadorvalleyquilters.org or call 925-829-5768.

Send your questions and comments to mail@amadorvalleyquilters.org

post--13461898032389_thumb.jpg

Archived