What can throw off the timing?

Andi

I was quilting my first small quilt on my Lenni, and 80% through it, the machine stopped and the needle wouldn't come up.  With everything shut down I checked it out, and the timing was completely off -- the needle was hitting the bobbin case.  Up to that point, it was sewing quite nicely.  After watching the video several times, I got it retimed.  I started to finish the quilt, and within 10 minutes, I heard weird sounds.  I unthreaded, and sure enough, the mechanism had started to move out of alignment again, and was moments away from another jam up.  What could be happening? 

• 1 month later...

Oh!  This happened to me yesterday, and also on my first quilt on Millie.  She just stopped, needle down.  At the very top of the screen, it said that the program was "unresponsive."  So, I had to shut everything down.  I have no idea what caused it, but as I am very, very new to this, I did not think about timing.  I am just wondering how I pick up my pattern again - I did try, but it was off half an inch.  So, I was going to figure out how to use the trace feature, so that I could get it to start much closer to where it stopped.

I would call the service department for advise!  Theoretically, it shouldn't happen -- and they are the best source for answers.

I've had to pick up a pattern before -- and yes, you'll need to use the trace feature.  Even then, it can be a bit off.