Isn't it fun to get a delivery in the mail...

After all the talk about the basket-weave stencil...I ordered it...don't know when I'll use it since I don't get a whole lot of custom work, but I'll get to use it one day, I'm sure. I'll have to look at old posts, since I seem to remember someone (Sherry?) saying that you could do this one with a lot of backtracking instead of lots of stops and starts.

It was my first order from the Stencil Company and they were very quick. I also ordered a Benartex kit for only $29.90, seemed like a good deal to me and the fabrics turned out to be beautiful. It is for a lap size quilt and I thought it would make up a good sample for me to use my CL swirls on to show quilters how it looks. I find it helps to have a good visual to show so they are more likely to pick one of the giant templates for their quilt.

I must be in a spending mood....does everyone check out the site for Christian Lane Quilters from time to time? Turns out they have some backings on for their big Summer Sale. Love dealing with Wilma, those guys are great! No affiliation...just a happy customer.

Have a good day......Sandra

P.S. The only downside to getting a package in the mail was that we were sure it was our copy of Harry Potter...my son raced off to the post office right away only to come back disappointed!

Archived