My canvas leaders are looking a bit worn. Every once in awhile, while cleaning my tracks, etc. with no quilt on the rollers, I get the canvas caught in one of the wheels. Also, some not-so-colorfast fabrics seem to want to "share" their dye with my canvas... Anyway, does anyone have any experience removing their canvas, and cutting it away to make it look new again?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Darcie,

You can remove the leaders. They are attatched with an industrial glue, but you can just peel it off. You can cut your canvas if you want and some people have even resurged the ends after being cut. Or you can buy replacement canvas from us if you feel that yours is too worn. I tell people to just attatch the canvas with Duck Tape which will hold just as well as the glue and not as messy for you. If you have any further questions about the canvas feel free to give me a call at the factory. Thanks, MarkText BlackText

Carla and Mark,

You are great! Thank you for getting back to me on my canvas leaders. I think I will remove the first and the third, and put back on with that miracle tape - Duck Tape! ;)

I have noticed that my #3 leader is "stretching" out of shape a bit. List users on the Longarm List (hope I can mention that!) were speaking of this a while back. Makes sense: one is mach. quilting more of a typical range in size of quilts; this causes stress on the same area of the leader over and over; instead of a nice, straight leader, one may notice a curve.

Thanks again, Mark and Carla! darcie

PS. This forum is great! Too cool!

Darcie:

So glad we could help you. I knew Mark would give us all the details. Our tech guys are truly the best in the industry! :D You'll have to let us know how things turn out. We appreciate your participation in getting things started on this bulletin board and we hope it is proving a valuable resource for you. Keep on posting those questions and/or comments! We're listening. Of course, if you need to speak with us we can always be reached at our 800 number as well.

Archived